Phone around 10k ... Urgent

Priorities:

Touchscreen 3.2" preferable
Android (atleast upgradable to 2.1/2.2)
3.2 or 5MP cam
Wi-Fi,GPS ... etc

This will be my buffer phone , and will give it to my mom after 2-3 months , as I plan to jump to 1GHz Froyo bandwagon around Diwali ...

I have Spica in mind , but are there any alternatives to it within its range ??
HTC Wildfire looks good , and it has 5MP cam too , but I dont have any Idea for how much it sells for !

Its quite urgent , will be buying within a day or two ...

hey sorry abhi, for using your thread, but even I wanted similar suggestions..

I am currently using a Nokia 5800, and now it has issues like bluetooth not working, display needs to be changed.
the repairing cost may come upto 2k odd...so was thinking on getting another mobile, but dont know what wil be a proper upgrade for it.

I want the large screen, good batter 1200 Mah and above, 16 million display colours, with 5 mp camera...
I may look out for second hand with a budget of around 8-9k
Any suggestions...

No Android's within 10k, Spica around 13, quite difficult to find one.

Wildfire - Will be around the 18K mark, not available in India as yet.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

deaddevil said:
hey sorry abhi, for using your thread, but even I wanted similar suggestions..

I am currently using a Nokia 5800, and now it has issues like bluetooth not working, display needs to be changed.

the repairing cost may come upto 2k odd...so was thinking on getting another mobile, but dont know what wil be a proper upgrade for it.

I want the large screen, good batter 1200 Mah and above, 16 million display colours, with 5 mp camera...

I may look out for second hand with a budget of around 8-9k

Any suggestions...
Try to find a used HTC Hero or even the Tattoo, they will get 2.1 pretty soon, you definitely will not have the same problems as the 5800.

wildfire goes way beyond your budget and moreover hasnt been released in india yet ! so .. the only option left for you is the spica !! and yes .. its also quite expensive on ebay .. rahter wait for the given period !! coz .. its worth it !

Finally I got Spica wid 2.1 onboard :hap2: :clap: :eek:hyeah: :cool2:

It was the small shop in Akurdi area on Pune (Actually PCMC) known as Anukesh Communication ...

That shop was mentioned on Samsung India site , so thought of checking it out as my last attempt ...

Waited there for about 3 hours as he was denied the availability of Spica at few of his friends shop ...

fortunately some shop in chinchwad had it (last piece) , and i was like :eek:hyeah:

Reason for the pullout of Spica from market as that guy told me is , Its not profitable for samsung , and now it'll be launching Spica replacement at higher cost , i.e around 16k ... dunno how far its tru ...

Thanks for the support guys , will explore the spica now :cool2:

Back