Budget 10-15K Phone for maid

Pimpom

Disciple
I need to choose a phone for my maid (young live-in female house servant). Before I go any further, let me explain that in my society, servants are treated as almost social equals. They eat the same food at the same table at the same time with us. They go to church and watch TV with us (if they want to). They are active on social media, love YT and taking photos, and occasionally shop online. What they generally do not do is play advanced games. Of course this is only a broad generalisation.

With all that in mind, which phones would you recommend? Budget is 10-12k (not strictly limited).

I need to choose a phone for my maid (young live-in female house servant). Before I go any further, let me explain that in my society, servants are treated as almost social equals. They eat the same food at the same table at the same time with us. They go to church and watch TV with us (if they want to). They are active on social media, love YT and taking photos, and occasionally shop online. What they generally do not do is play advanced games. Of course this is only a broad generalisation.

With all that in mind, which phones would you recommend? Budget is 10-12k (not strictly limited).
Deal of the day: Samsung Galaxy M32 Prime Edition (Light Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0BD3T6Z1D/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_dl_5EWKBD1ZYTG9QZ560WRR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If she's not that much into camera, do have a look into phones from Motorola. G52 is one model which should suit her needs. pOled screen, relatively light to hold than the competition despite 5000mah battery, security patches, close to stock Android amongst others.

I got a narzo 50 for my house help a few months ago. Young fella so a very similar use case although with a bit of light gaming thrown in.
Great camera (like really really good for the price) , decent performance , nothing really to find fault with except no OLED (although very good lcd panel).
He loves it and hasn;t complained of performance or anything else so far.

check out poco m4 pro. the 4-64 varaint was selling for under 10k on flipkart, pretty solid phone all around with a 90hz amoled screen, good camera, 33w fast charging and a decently powerful processor as well!

M series has either "software update issues that kill the phone"or "motherboard issues related to the exynos chipset " ! Youtube is your friend to get more info on this so dont quote me on it!
That said, i recently purchased 2 phones for own use. The motorola g52 and a samsung f23 5G. The motorola has fantastic display and amazing stereo speakers , is sleek and compact but i've had call quality issues from day 1-the person on the other end cannot hear me properly in the initial few seconds of the call. I bought it on launch so i am not sure if it was a first batch QC issue but flipkart reviews are full of similar complaints. I must have received a lemon .

The S
amsung on the other hand is just miles ahead in terms of ram management and camera quality. Plus its 5g. Screen is TFT but not as bad as people make it out to be. Downsides to this phone-virtual proximity sensor, no charger in box and absence of a light sensor. Do i still recommend this - Absolutely . ONE UI is love

Last edited:
M series has either "software update issues that kill the phone"or "motherboard issues related to the exynos chipset " ! Youtube is your friend to get more info on this so dont quote me on it!
How about a link ? random comments don't mean much.
That said, i recently purchased 2 phones for own use. The motorola g52 and a samsung f23 5G. The motorola has fantastic display and amazing stereo speakers , is sleek and compact but i've had call quality issues from day 1-the person on the other end cannot hear me properly in the initial few seconds of the call. I bought it on launch so i am not sure if it was a first batch QC issue but flipkart reviews are full of similar complaints. I must have received a lemon .
Maybe a software update can fix it.
The Samsung on the other hand is just miles ahead in terms of ram management and camera quality. Plus its 5g. Screen is TFT but not as bad as people make it out to be. Downsides to this phone-virtual proximity sensor, no charger in box and absence of a light sensor. Do i still recommend this - Absolutely . ONE UI is love
Auto brightness sensor. I imagine a virtual proximity sensor will not be as reliable as the real thing.

How about a link ? random comments don't mean much.

ok, here's what that indiatoday report from Sept '21 had to say

According to a report by SamMobile, which is a website focussed on Samsung related news, many Galaxy A series and Galaxy M Series phones using Exynos 9610 and Exynos 9611 are suffering from random reboots or other issues. In particular, the phones that have been affected are: The Galaxy M30s, the Galaxy M31, the Galaxy M31s, the Galaxy A50, the Galaxy A50s and the Galaxy A51.
Those are the models affected. From 2019 and mid '20. All went OOS over six months back if not earlier.

The M& A series that most threads I've been in are models after those :)

Last edited:
Always get a new phone and preferably get either Samsung or Iphone. Brand is key. Samsung M32 is a good choice btw.

Don't ever give old phone or recycle your phone.
Why is Brand like Samsung / Iphone important? What is the issue with Redmi/Realme etc?

What about the second line? What does it mean?

Back