Budget 15-20K Phone for myself, intending to use for 2-3 years

Calvin

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Above 6 inches, prefer AMOLED - LCD is fine too, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 12

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G is enough, not too keen on 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Have been using Mi Phones for the past 4 years (Mi A1 to A3). While the stock OS and camera was good, the phone is plagued with signal reception issues and ghost touch. So no Mi/RedMi/Poco.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Social Media, camera.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM. Dedicated SD Card slot is an advantage, but willing to overlook the absence of it.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good signal reception (must), good battery backup, decent camera, closer to stock Android

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Moto G52, OnePlus Nord CE2 Lite. Would like to know if there are any other phones that satisfy the above criteria.

It was good back in the days. Then it hit the bottom real hard. Don't know if there recent phones have brought any improvements but 1+ has definitely hit its nadir.
CE seems to be plagued with issues, such as software, cheaping out on display panel. Don't quote me on that, this is what I read and heard from ex CE users.

I'm surprised why no one suggested OnePlus Nord CE Lite. Has OnePlus become so bad these days? I've used OnePlus One and it was really good.
with every new launch ,it sets new benchmark of going low .
If you are fine with absence of compass, lack of SD card, G71 is a decent buy. Plus it had oled screen so screen content looks good. I was to go for G71 but the lack of the mentioned features forced me to get Edge 20 fusion.

Agreed. Camera and updates aren't their strongest points. But if we compare Moto with other Chinese vendors, then Moto is relatively better off coz the updates in the Chinese brands are actually downgrades and leave the users frustrated. Camera is a plus for the Chines phones.
In the android ecosystem, After Google, the only decent option left is Samsung.
floating in the same boat

, i am waiting for mi /poco phones with SD870 with most of the bands unlocked will go for direct bootloader unlock or having my fingers crossed if moto comes up with a phone with SD 778 within 25k (highly unlikely) .And being very positive for pixel 6a in india .I hate the exynos in it but since google will provide os updates and security updates and no nonsense might go for it.

Last edited:
with every new launch ,it sets new benchmark of going low .

floating in the same boat

, i am waiting for mi /poco phones with SD870 with most of the bands unlocked will go for direct bootloader unlock or having my fingers crossed if moto comes up with a phone with SD 778 within 25k (highly unlikely) .And being very positive for pixel 6a in india .I hate the exynos in it but since google will provide os updates and security updates and no nonsense might go for it.
Moto Edge 20 5G already exists with SD 778G.

Get the best Moto phone you can find in your budget. Samsung has annoying ads and bloatwares on their cheaper models. The only Samsung series which I can personally recommend from is the S-series. The A series is overrated and the M series is mostly thrash. And also OP only said "decent camera" not the best camera yet you guys are mostly focusing on the camera.
As for the software updates, you won't need them if you are fine with the current version. I've used v.7.0 for years despite my old phone getting updates for newer OS. I'm currently on v.12 (on S10+) just because it's what the phone brand offered.

Get the best Moto phone you can find in your budget. Samsung has annoying ads and bloatwares on their cheaper models. The only Samsung series which I can personally recommend from is the S-series. The A series is overrated and the M series is mostly thrash. And also OP only said "decent camera" not the best camera yet you guys are mostly focusing on the camera.
As for the software updates, you won't need them if you are fine with the current version. I've used v.7.0 for years despite my old phone getting updates for newer OS. I'm currently on v.12 (on S10+) just because it's what the phone brand offered.

Thank you. That settles it.

Back