Phone of the Year 2005. Vote Now.

aka911

Skilled
Ok guys, I m back with one of my more stupid polls.... hopin atleast some of u guys will vote here and make this thread pseudo-success.. :p
and yeah, arguments are welcome bcause they increase page views!

conditions

1)all phones released before Dec 15,2005 can be included.

2)Incase ur choice is not there in the list,Please choose the option "any other" and in ur reply u can state ur personal choice.

3)And yeah,It will be great if u can add the reason why u r choosing a particular model..

4)Most of the info on phones can be found either in websites like www.gsmarena.com or our very own "portable section" :hap2:

some of the crude contents frm urs truly in the nxt post..

Nokia 6630:

One of the best Symbians with great cameras. Initially was ridden with software problems and high price. But now is one of the most hotly sold models across all sections and that too at great price.

Nokia N70:

everything that ur perfect smartphone should have is here. It has a great 2mp camera,shoots beautiful videos and has everythin gr the future.It is slow as hell and the screen is nothin to shout abt, But yeah it is close to being the best phone in the world. oh, It actually is.

SE K750i

Released around March 2005, K750i has a camera that beats many dedicated 2mp digital cameras not to mention,even CCD ones. AF and macro mode . After many assaults by Nokia,panasonic and samsung the phone is yet to be beaten... and in case u r wondering if N90 takes better pics just because it costs more, then u r wrong indeed.

Moto Razr V3

Largest selling clamshell in the world,ever. Now please do not ask me why it is here in this poll.. may b it looks good..

Samsung D600

Poor samsung. Actually D600 is a wonderfully perfect phone. but at 21k,there are simply much better options out there... Great videos though...

Among those the k750i definitely. I havent been following the cell fone scene too closely. But the k750i's cam, mp3 playback, memory expansion won me over. Symbian is a non-factor since i've had my share of symbian fones i ended up using the fone for making calls and taking a pic or two. :)

@Udit: Stop making those one word posts please. Kindly justify else delete your message.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's k750i, why, cause i own one :cheers:

No other camera phone comes even close when it come's to still pictures.
For video camera the nokia n series has a lead.
Even for mp3's i think k750i & W800i with latest firmware's have a healthy lead.

For best vfm phone on symbian os, i would go for 6630 :)

For cuteness the samsung d600 is great.

Motorola razr, just brownie points. should not be part of this poll :(

UDIT
DUDE read the 1st post carefully . only phones released before december 15 2005 , are included.
any ways it seems sony will win the poll and rightly so .

@aka --- If you were allowed to pick the POTY, which one would you pick?? And this time, I am including the N91 and N92. Just curious. What would be your pick??

tracerbullet said:
K750i hands down, it's the sexiest phone out there. The D600 is nothing great at all, and doesn't deserve to be in this list frankly.

same thing can be said for the Razr. It only looks SEXXXYY.

1st K750i no second thoughts at all.

I too vote for K750i as i have seen my friends and when i was going to purchase a k700i for my dad.

The sound quality is unmatched to ne other symbian powered nokia i have heard.

Also i like the 2MP cam of the k750i & FM.

2nd postion goes to N70 as to what features it offers but never got a chance to hear music on that phone.

3rd goes to nokia 6630

4th motorazr v3 most beauuuuuutiful phone i have ever seen but only
it has not mem card support and many other things but nothing beats it
when it come to looks.[My opinion]

no comments on D600 as i havent seen it at all.

BTW why no W800i in the list.
The headphones provided with it are cool.

Yeah K750i is the best in the list, with awesome features. 2nd position can be given to N6630, i can say this mobile has a good vfm in the nokia 66xx series.

Moto Razr V3 is really the ultra cool looking mobile available now, have personally in the b'lore DFI launch and yeah it belongs to daviescool :).

well w800i was not included in the poll because 1)k750 is much more popular and VFM THEn w800

NIKHIL
DUDE if you were to include all unreleased phones then most probably i will choose nokia n80 or the rumoured k750 successor . heard it is based on the pre mini 3 from japan . it is coming in 2nd or 3rd quarter 06. waitin for cebit! and i also saw some thing called p970.

when was the 1100 launched. THAT deserves phone of the year. Accessability to the masses as well as features and durability.

Grease Monk said:
when was the 1100 launched. THAT deserves phone of the year. Accessability to the masses as well as features and durability.
Tell me one reason why the 1100 is an improvement over the 3310 which has been around since eternity ;). Dont tell me the stupid torch :p.

Back