Phone stolen filmi style :(

hehehehehe, the exact same thing has happened to me as well, lost a 7710 around 3 1/2 years back. the difference was my phone was on the left hand side dashboard.......and just 100-200m after the red light were policemen standing who didnt bother to help me.....

Happened with me at Mumbai. Sion Hospital area. Samsung Guru gaya, wallet & HTC TYTN2 bach gaya, dont know why he did not take these two...

Sorry about your loss. My friend had even more filmy experience.It was 11 at night and he was parked by the side of the road to take a call on his cellphone. Two guys on a Pulsar drove to the car window...snatched his cellphone, gave him one on the jaw and zoomed away. My friend started his car and tried to follow the Pulsar. Now, there was a Police PCR Qualis that was nearby. They joined the hot pursuit. From what my friend tells me, they brought the Qualis abreast the bike and a burly cop actually lifted the pillion rider on the bike and then threw him. The driver of the bike lost control and crashed. They all then stopped...the robbers, the police and my friend, and the cops then beat the robbers black and blue (probably angry at the robbers for making them work!)

Just to add, be careful of those beggar kids on Delhi roads. Many I times, I get the feeling that three or four swarm your car from both sides...they sound whining but in fact they are not really begging ... rather, their eyes are roving around, scoping the interior of your car. Once a beggar kid started trying the handle of the rear door of my car...dunno what he saw inside. Luckily, it was centrally locked and all windows closed.

I think the reason they don't take the expensive phone is they're afraid.....Shiny & glittering phones- they know it'll create suspicion while trying to sell them off.....whereas a used & dirty one they can get off easy....

Heard of two such incidents in hyderabad as well, all I can se is, owners beware and be extra carefull, coz once the thing is gone, noone is going to give a rats ass

madnav said:
if they really saw someone steal your phone then atleast the pillion would have got off and tried to catch the culprit.

madnav the world does not work that way :)

Moral of the story - keep your wallet, cell in your pocket.

Its common..not mobile but wallets or any valuable always gets loss such way...always keep your windows close and just before moving out central lock the door once u put your feet out of door so that other doors gets lock and ya take the keys out....

For horn blower tell them to fly or create a ruckus by showing them middle finger so they too step out ...If there is any problem and u step out(hope u explain them the matter before they give one on your face..lolz)....the Bas#$5 cant honk...thats civic sense..what if person is lying across your car if he honks will u pass over him?

Sad for your loss...but personally i feel people themselves are to be blamed why do they create such easy spot for them ...As if i its an accessory to show off on dash board

sibot said:
what sucks is, you work hard, you earn, you spend and then some no good guy comes along and takes it away from you.

lol

Sorry for your loss TC, just teaches you to be always aware next time.

I didn't lose my phone :p (Touch wood, thank you oh sweet dear lord *knocks on wood* *knocks on the right side of his forehead*) but I can totally imagine just how much it would suck.

even i lost the phone at my native place where my house is over 400 meter too big and 1 km long and i got mess up

where that is my uncle house after i put the mobile at charge and went for attend my relative wedding after 4.5 hour where i forgot my mobile is at my native where i charge

after i came back and i lost the phone and i was wtf there where more than 10 servant and some 3 watchman and i guess no one steal it and i tried the missed call and no luck :( anyway i have learn my lesson where i left the mobile at my big house but too bigger might be big risk lose some small thing at my uncle place

in this house has over 25 room 3 huge dinner table 4 living room and more etc... and it is already mess up big confused of lose big people

Feel sorry for your phone. These crooks should be #$%@#$#$%

Reminds me of some incidents :

1. Some months back my Nokia N82 got stolen from my DAMN own college and from my DAMN own classroom during an examination. We were not allowed to keep phones in pocket and so I kept it in my bag which was lying just in front of me. Don't know when the crook opened the bag and took the cellphone and closed it back.

2. In another incident, my friend's Nokia 5230 got stolen from a bus. It was there when my friend got in the bus but when he got out, it just vanished.

3. Once my father stopped the car near a plant nursery. When he came back, the rear right mirror of our car was found broken and 'Mobile Store' bag was missing. Luckily, my father used that bag to carry tiffin...lol.. :p

4. In yet another incident,once my friend was travelling in a bus and he felt that his phone(Nokia N72) had been taken out. He checked his pockets and it was really not there. He looked here and there and saw a man keeping it in his pockets. My friend immediately took that person by his neck, shouted all form of abuses he had learnt but then he saw that two more persons, with knives, came to defend their partner. But my friend was not ready to let go his cell phone, he kept on shouting and by that time the bus crowd gathered and the crook was forced to give away the phone when his partners ran away.

Phew ! :mad:

Sei,

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

..this looks like an organised thing :mad:

Just let the karmic cycle kick in, someone somewhere at sometime will nail them :)

fockerunleashed said:
yah this kind of thing used to happen here in NCR as well, now not that much its an old trick so maybe they moved on to other areas :D

You mean more ppl drive with their doors locked & windows rolled up ?

hellfire said:
Sorry about your loss. My friend had even more filmy experience.It was 11 at night and he was parked by the side of the road to take a call on his cellphone. Two guys on a Pulsar drove to the car window...snatched his cellphone, gave him one on the jaw and zoomed away. My friend started his car and tried to follow the Pulsar. Now, there was a Police PCR Qualis that was nearby. They joined the hot pursuit. From what my friend tells me, they brought the Qualis abreast the bike and a burly cop actually lifted the pillion rider on the bike and then threw him. The driver of the bike lost control and crashed. They all then stopped...the robbers, the police and my friend, and the cops then beat the robbers black and blue (probably angry at the robbers for making them work!)
Now thats a police force you can rely on :clap:

hellfire said:

OMG... that was pretty epic. Those guys probably forgot to give the police guys their cut :D

My dearest 1100 got stolen in the space of a single bus stop; the bus was full of people and I had my hand on my back pocket protecting my wallet and it turned out that it was the mobile that disappeared and got turned off by the time I tried calling it from my friend's cell the moment I got off. In all it was less than five minutes.

I was really impressed... I'd probably pay as much to see a magic show.

there are a whole bunch of tricksters

there was another thread on team bhp where a good samaritan will warn you about sparks from under the hood car, and when you get out to look, he will help you lift the hood, and in doing so, disconnect some wire. and then out of nowhere a mechanic will show up. You probably know where this is headed.

Keep your car locked, valuables secured, and even better, hidden.

MAGNeT said:
Sad for your loss...but personally i feel people themselves are to be blamed why do they create such easy spot for them ...As if i its an accessory to show off on dash board

I'll tell you what I told some of my friends who said the same thing to me - It is almost unbelievable that someone would have the guts to steal something like in this manner till you hear about it or worse, experience it. And I had never heard of it. :hap5:

I'm definitely going to be extra aware from now and this thread was made with the simple purpose of helping people prevent such an incident in the future.

PS: The phone was not on the dashboard. If it was, the idiot who stole it would have never been able to get close. It was kept in front of the speedometer, behind the steering wheel.

What foxes me is how that guy came to know that I had a phone kept there.. :huh:

Sei said:
PS: The phone was not on the dashboard. If it was, the idiot who stole it would have never been able to get close. It was kept in front of the speedometer, behind the steering wheel.

I myself am confused as to how in this sane world did he have to guts to snatch the phone from right under your nose. Those ppl might be having quite some practice. Sorry for your loss, but maybe this is a lesson to use the car stereo instead of the mobile phone..
Anyway which mobile u gonna buy now :D

Back