Photoshop help please

nuvpreet

Disciple
Hey guys I have a old picture which is stuck to glass on the frame and u wanted to take a picture before trying to remove it but the picture has these aras ( PIC attached) where it colour is darker so how can I get it rectified in photoshop[DOUBLEPOST=1424793860][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is the pic

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_153802502.jpg
    IMG_20150224_153802502.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
I am just a beginner in photoshop. I think with the use of clone and patch tool and careful application of dodge and burn tools can help you here. This has to be done on a separate layer and then blend them with a mask.

it'll take less effort if you try to detach the picture from glass. you can use a new DE blade. you may get some torn edges but they are far easier to touch-up than these dark spots.

but i used a different approach in my case. i soaked the entire picture in oil to unstuck it from the glass.

Hey guys I have a old picture which is stuck to glass on the frame and u wanted to take a picture before trying to remove it but the picture has these aras ( PIC attached) where it colour is darker so how can I get it rectified in photoshop.
Are you able to take the photo again ? the capture has to be improved first. Lose the reflections.

Notice that big flash of light, you don't want that to begin with. Position the light so that it does not reflect into the camera but provides illumination. If camera is perpendicular to the picture, postion the light at an acute angle so its reflection wont affect the photo.

Don't use flash, get some tablelight. Or try to take the picture outdoors in the daylight.

Non-photoshop advice:
First off, scan the photo with the glass intact in high resolution and preserve a good digital copy to work on, if removing the photo doesn't work out.

Those dark spots look like the actual areas where the photo is stuck to the glass. Like @Criminal said, you could try to remove the photo carefully by lifting it from the unstuck areas. You could use a hair dryer to heat up the glass lightly while trying to lift the photo. A simple google search reveals that every possible method has been suggested, from soaking it in water to steaming it or using a blade. There is no best method. But you wouldn't know what works until you try it.

Try taking a photograph with no flash and diffused light source. like wrapping cell phone flash light in white paper until the light becomes very diffused. This will help you taking a good copy without those reflections.

So basically you need to take the photo with a lot of light in the room, but the light should not be direct. it should reflect off of many surfaces so that it becomes soft. something that you get under a translucent tent under mid day sunlight.

on the other hand, you could soak the entire thing in the water and then carefully peel out the photo and then dry.

Back