PC Peripherals Pi Blacks go down the drain - G.Skill RMA process help required!

@ Gannu---- How much quote did EMS with tracking gave ? I have to RMA my Crucials :p....kept them sitting for a year now after 1 stick went dead.....in office DHL told me 600-700 bucks all incl for 3 day shipping to US below 250 gms which I guess is fair enough :p

^wOOt - DHL charged just 600~700, that too for US? Udit happened to tell me, EMS Speedpost charged him about the same amount for the shipment to Taiwan. If thats the case, I'll drop in at DHL tonight and give a shot. :D

^ Read his post again ,that bugger got quote from Office DHL , so most probably it would be corporate discounted price.

Otherwise these DHL guys usually charge atleast 1.5-2k minimum for foreign couriers.

@FaheeM..the quote is not for corporate... DHL comes in our office to take couriers as we have more than 15k ppl:)...

I had to send a letter to Australia and the price was the same 600-700 bucks...as it was less than 250gms:)

BTW: DHL is bludart international...

^ Yeah would be hell lot faster and reliable compared to Speed Post. Update as with the final carrier :p

Bah, DHL turned out to be prohibitively expensive! :|

2954, for a package to Taiwan under 500g. Christ! A stick of 2GB RAM fetches the same value. :\

I'm going for Speedpost.

Went to the P.O here and tried sending it through EMS Speedpost but although the lady was able to enter the country as Taiwan, there were no options under the 'City' tab. So she was unable to bill it. Hence I had to send it through Regd. post. Cost me just Rs. 183. :ashamed: :p

*fingers crossed*

Just an update!

I had sent the sticks through our very own भारतीय डाक Registered Post for Rs. 183/- (that's right - hundred frikking eighty three!) and guess what, I got an update - they have received it and they are in the process of sending the replacement through DHL. :clap:

So guys do not worry KMD with the process, pack it yourself and send it over. Rest assured out country's postal service would take care of the RMA. :)

Finally! The sticks are here - got the newer ones with the same specs but a different heatspreader. I owe my thanks to Otis Huang, who helped me with all the queries and my constant pestering. :p :)

Besides, this was the first time I had a consignment delivered through DHL - their service is top notch needless to say. Take a look at their tracking service -

View attachment 10548

So guys having problems with G.Skill you know what to do now! ;)

Damn RMA done for 183 bucks :rofl:....even using local warranty for sending courier to send and receive it we would have spent more !

Congrats....

Finally! The sticks are here - got the newer ones with the same specs but a different heatspreader. I owe my thanks to Otis Huang, who helped me with all the queries and my constant pestering. :p :)

Besides, this was the first time I had a consignment delivered through DHL - their service is top notch needless to say. Take a look at their tracking service -

View attachment 10548

So guys having problems with G.Skill you know what to do now! ;)
Sorry for bumping an old thread.
I have a pair of GSKILL RAM to be sent for RMA. I have generated the RMA number, all set. What should i send along with the ram kit, other then the RMA form

Sorry for bumping an old thread.
I have a pair of GSKILL RAM to be sent for RMA. I have generated the RMA number, all set. What should i send along with the ram kit, other then the RMA form

That's all. Send it via Speed Post.

Back