Pimp my Ride!!!

superczar

Skilled
Pics are worth a thousand words!

Sorry for the low quality pics..My cam is travelling out of town

Just a couple of things remain now

- Phone Integration

- Installing satguide destinator maps...mapking maps are off by 10-100 mtrs half the time

More pics in the daytime :)

whats an Xplod HU doing in your car

hehe, I picked that up right after I picked the car...the factory unit was a Blaupunkt cassette player and I needed MP3 badly

I had just started working, and the Car EMI was already taking its toll so this was the only HU within reach....it's been doing duty for almost 4 years now...wowah, how time flies!

yo yo yo... mad mike is in town or what!! now install an xbox too :p for the people sitting in the back seat.

Congrats, we want more pics with more contrast.

It took all of Saturday, most of Sunday and then fixing it all up in the car from 12:00AM- 3:00 AM from Monday to Thursday ....but it certainly is worth the effort :)

congrats great stuff :eek:hyeah:

3 questions:

1) how much was the total cost?

2) does the LCD turn left & right?

3) can the LCD be closed down like a laptops screen when not in use?

Great effort buddy...

The first cartop/carputer/dashtop @ TE ?

Hehe,

I guess it's the first carputer in Chennai

I know couple of guys in Delhi and Bombay have done it, but that's about it

As good as pr0n.

LOL, I have installed pretty much all codecs so assuming I wanted to wtach pr0n d/l'ed off the net, I can do that in the car

congrats great stuff

3 questions:

1) how much was the total cost?

2) does the LCD turn left & right?

3) can the LCD be closed down like a laptops screen when not in use?

1- I'll have to add it up but it was a tad above 30K

2- Yes

3- No

Though 2 & 3 are kinda not all that important parameters since they are more based on the mounting that you choose than anything else

superczar said:
Hehe,
I guess it's the first carputer in Chennai
I know couple of guys in Delhi and Bombay have done it, but that's about it
LOL, I have installed pretty much all codecs so assuming I wanted to wtach pr0n d/l'ed off the net, I can do that in the car

1- I'll have to add it up but it was a tad above 30K
2- Yes
3- No

Though 2 & 3 are kinda not all that important parameters since they are more based on the mounting that you choose than anything else
:O

I a cop catches you speeding, just turn on a flick for him ... Bye bye traffic rules ! :eek:hyeah:

serioulsy awesome mate!

tho I'm old enough to contribute to buying a car. I'm still not old enough for dad to let me pimp it :(

maybe because i hold only a 33% stake in mine :ashamed:

Back