Pimp my Ride!!!

^ Nice !!

Where did you mount the casing ? Is the stock VGA cable supplied with the touchscreen long enough ?
the cpu is under the passenger seat, and yes, the stock VGA cable is long enough to be routed behind the dash and under the carpet till the passenger seat

Cops catch people speeding in India ?

yeah they do....funny thing is they'll never catch when you are actually speeding but they'll lurk around the corners on low traffic days (weekends esp.) and since the city speed limits are a ridiculously low 40 in most places, and since averyone would be driving over 40 on weekends, every person is fair game!

I've paid a fine twice in Delhi (Ridge road on both occasions) and twice here in chennai

great work buddy :)

guys, this setup is uber cool..bumped in to superczar and saiyan at delta today..had a chance to see this in his car..

waiting for the finished setup, and maybe a free ride as well :p

Brilliant setup mate..Looks fab! Now get the GPS to get working awrite and you're done!

Till I get the satguide map, me & Saiyan had a trial run with Google Earth + GoopS

The accuracy was as good as it gets

The only limitation with Google earth is you can't do automatic routing through it

Good job :)

Chaos : GPRS is not even worth the effort for google earth. Its better to use some caching software that caches google earth areas that you want to cover.

cheers.

The google earth data at high zoom for chennai and low zoom for the rest of the country ) has been cached using a toll called GEV (Google Earth voyager)

anyway, i should get the satguide cd today

net access when parked is so far taken care of by a usb wireless card modded to connect to the car antenna

Anish, the casing has a slot to retrofit, but the actual card for pcmcia slot isn't there...

though i have spare reliance handset connectable via usb that i have left in the car to take care of net access when needed on-the-go...will come in handy during outstation trips :)

need a suggestion guys...

For the phone integration piece, I need a good microphone that can pick up my voice clearly even in the noisy environment of a car

I am absolutely clueless about mics and a regular electeret/condenser mic may not fit the bill...

what kind of mic should i get hold of?

On a ide note, I have the satguide maps installed now and the GPS is working perfect ly now :)

Back