Pirated XPs to be "blacked out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatter

Skilled
News or not news? If you use pirated Microsoft tools to get work done (which is really bad for you, karma-wise, even if it is the “evil empireâ€), you could be in for — a major hammering.

Or major inconvenience-ing, rather. If you continue to use these pirated tools on and beyond October 20, 2008, you’ll be treated to a totally black desktop every 60 minutes. You will, of course, be able to resurrect this by changing your desktop pic, but that’s going to be a lot of electronic fumbling about.

Furthermore, you’ll be subject to near-permanent warnings down at your taskbar. Oddly enough, all of this will happen without breaking your Windows system.

Even scarier is the idea of being sued en masse. Turns out if you’ve done Internet-based upgrades to your Windows system, they already know what you’re using. However, Microsoft China has already announced that they’ll not be suing the masses.

The easy way out, of course, is to disable the WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) and OGA (Office Genuine Advantage) apps and AutoUpdate this instant.

But why would you want to do that? What’s wrong with using non-pirated software?

(We might like to remark, though, that fully legit Microsoft software is still on the expensive side in China — CNY 1,000 to CNY 1,500. People don’t earn as much PRC-side as they do State-side…)

techblog86 Blog Archive Pirated Windows XP Professional Edition, Office To Get “Black Screened” Beginning Oct 20, 2008

Its happening to me on Vista x64. No desktop background, activation warnings every 15 minutes and a Windows Counterfeit alert every 30 minutes or so.

Yup..its happens all right..but you can work with no problem at all ecept the logout every hr..

Still have to say a pretty gentle approach by Ms..:lol:

I thought some political party has joined hands with microsoft and invade every homes to blacken a person using pirated OS :p.

The Sorcerer said:
I thought some political party has joined hands with microsoft and invade every homes to blacken a person using pirated OS

Let me see... would that be... Microsoft Nonpiracy Sena?? :bleh:

More work for the hackers. On a different note, if something like this really works, I expect lots more ppl going in for open source.

Joss Stone is sitting snug on my desktop no issues what ever. BTW the first step I do is disable the Auto Update service anytime I install windows :p WGA and OGA are totally outta question. But I really wanna buy a genuine copy of Vista lets see how it goes on....

djmykey said:
Joss Stone is sitting snug on my desktop no issues what ever. BTW the first step I do is disable the Auto Update service anytime I install windows :p WGA and OGA are totally outta question. But I really wanna buy a genuine copy of Vista lets see how it goes on....

its not about u wanna buy, its about if u hav d buck 2 buy it. Even if i get that much amount soon, i'm going 2 opt for a H/W upgrade rather buying Vista Ultimate.

I already dumped Vista a while back and moved to kubuntu. :D Although I might buy a license for Windows soon enough, but for now happily chugging along on Linux.

Although I do need a cross platform audio video conference tool, other that skype.

Hey mine OEM Version of Vista got activated itself which even got deactivated itself... and all shit happened after 20th .. :d M happy to use pirated vista :p

Black Screen Started today to affect my XP Pro,

I've been using this for 3 yrs now, and even had the WGA cracked so I'd get the latest updates.............Looks like the damned updates screw me in the end

xp running good....time for evryone to boycott MS...it wud be nice to see their strategy backfire....considerng the large chunk of windows users using pirated stuff

i think its good that they are doing it .... will get more ppl to turn to open source

but there are a lot of ppl who love windows and the smart ones will come up with a fix for this in no time(if its not already there)

and i am guessing it happens only if you update ur windows as mine is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back