Pirelli Sport Demon 140/70 R17 for FZ 16

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Got myself a Pirelli 140/70 R17 rear tyre for my Yamaha FZ-16 today. :)

It feels much better than the stock MRF Revz 140/70. The tyre is said to be imported from US, but no idea if its true, but its printed on tyre> Sale only in US.

It cost me 3.5k here.

p10601221.jpg

On first ride, felt like the bike's rear has been raised a bit, as its more rounded than the Revz, which is more flat. SO i guess the Pirelli is better at cornering:) and will have better life span, as the grips has greater depths, and feels heavier than the new REVZ.

did a lil trick :)

Took a ride today, and its lot better in handling and cornering :)

The original Revz didnt even last for 10K KM :(

Its sides were worn out and cornering became nightmare.

thnx guys. Its totally worth, as the MRF Revz itseld is 2.1~2.3k :( which had no grips to centre parts, or crossing the centre. SO its kinda dangerous in rainy season.

dOm1naTOr said:
thnx guys. Its totally worth, as the MRF Revz itseld is 2.1~2.3k :( which had no grips to centre parts, or crossing the centre. SO its kinda dangerous in rainy season.
i think u mean treads, no treads in the center part :bleh:

I meant, corssing the center,
The rider height has been increased considerably... rider seat by more than an inch, and pillion by about 2 inches. Now the pillion cannot lay foot on the ground while on his seat...... 6 foot + guys might be exception:bleh:

dOm1naTOr said:
On first ride, felt like the bike's rear has been raised a bit, as its more rounded than the Revz, which is more flat. SO i guess the Pirelli is better at cornering:) and will have better life span, as the grips has greater depths, and feels heavier than the new REVZ.

Congratz, but the life would be lesser than MRF as Pirelli is a softer compound tire compared to MRF and would wear faster in comparison with MRF.

Though no doubt MRF stock sux :p

these soft compound tyres are superb handlers.. But make sure u don abuse them on pothole ridden roads.. they tend to wear out very quickly.. i had a Bt140 on my old bike CBZ and it had very good grip but alas it wore out more quickly than anticipated though i would blame all the burnout and unwanted skids for the same. MRF is not known for the grip but for the longevity of their tyres which is considerably good.. They would take a lot of time to wear out.

Back