Android Pixel 5

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Anybody excited about this? I'm , specially for the price.
Yes, not the TOTL SoC, but to my limited knowledge 765G is more than capable for normal usage and most games ( don't play games and know nothing about it)
Will possibly end up buying it once available.
Is the price ( 600 USD) justifiable?
I specially like the position of the fingerprint sensor and non glass back. It looks very nice and understated. And finally an android with symmetric bezel. A headphone jack would made it the absolutely perfect phone for me.
Pixel phones are not that uncommon here and AFAIK the after sales service is decent.
Requesting the android gurus to point out the flaws in this phone and tell me why I shouldn't buy this.
I plan to replace K20 pro with it for daily use. I have a note 10 lite, and really use the s pen everyday ( so can't really replace it)

I guess Pixel 5 will not come to India, Google is not really bothered about Indian consumers since the Pixel has not done well here
Pixel 4a will be launching on Oct 14th via Flipkart

But the battery in 5 is considerably larger. That's a big deal for me.
Just googled past pricings for India, it seemed worse than Apple!!
India is a real tough market for smartphones, Google possibly have given up..

Last edited:
Being someone who prefers Android, and coming from P1 and P2, intersted obviously. But not excited. Other than the solid camera and excellent software experience apart, the quality control issue remains. They guarantee 3 years of updates, I guarantee that the phone will die long before that. Tread carefully, if anyone intending to purchase for long term usage.

But the battery in 5 is considerably larger. That's a big deal for me.
Just googled past pricings for India, it seemed worse than Apple!!
India is a real tough market for smartphones, Google possibly have given up..

I loved all the nexus phones till Nexus 5 but never used Pixel phones just because of no gap between them and iPhones.
Looking to switch to Pixel in the future if they come at decent pricing in India which seems not possible unless they are Made In India.

They guarantee 3 years of updates, I guarantee that the phone will die long before that. Tread carefully, if anyone intending to purchase for long term usage.

Is this a common consensus online? I don't think so. 2 people in my circle are still using original Pixel and apart from getting battery changed phones are still rock solid.

Is this a common consensus online? I don't think so. 2 people in my circle are still using original Pixel and apart from getting battery changed phones are still rock solid.
I bet those are the 32 GB models. The 128 GB models are the most affected ones. But still, if they haven't faced even the microphone issue, then they are extremely lucky. A quick look at the reviews on Amazon can say a lot. If one wants to waste further time then checking keywords 'google pixel sudden death issue' might give you a stroke.

Just to be clear, I could care less what people buy. I keep warning the people who intend to purchase a Pixel because of my nightmarish experience with them and upon some research I found many other victims like me who kept in contact with me. I just don't want others to go through what I and many others have. To further add, I don't even consider any android device not running stok android as a proper android device. So Pixel is the only thing I used to care about, but a phone is most obviously worth it when the quality control is not kept in check. I am without a phone from March 04, 2020, as mine died on that day. I could have bought so many phones since, but I didn't, because of the aforesaid reason. Now as I have come to know Pixels have dubious QC, I have device to either use cheap Nokia or Moto phones or switch to iPhones entirely.

When good advice is given to others nowadays people generally assume there is some benefitting reasons behind it, so had to make the matter clear. Good luck.

I bet those are the 32 GB models. The 128 GB models are the most affected ones.

When good advice is given to others nowadays people generally assume there is some benefitting reasons behind it, so had to make the matter clear. Good luck.

Yes, those were 32GB models. Good advice on a tech forum means giving reasons or a little elaboration as well, which you have done now, so thank you for that. I had followed your experience with Pixels closely and hence wanted to make sure whether you were basing your recommendation purely on your experience or because that was the norm, because my experience through friends and family is completely different.

planning to pick pixel 4a lets hope indian pricing is fair :D or else will go with iphone se a better upgrade from iphone 6s :D
349 should translate to around 34999 rupees, then in BBD you'll get at least 2k off with bank card offer, thus effective price being 33k or something. If the phone actually lasts long time then it maybe is a fine option but still a 730 chipset is already outdated.

I just wanna grab an iPhone 11. Considering the iPhone 12 Mini will be 649 therefore 64999 rupees, I hope Apple reduces the official price of iPhone 11 to maybe like 49999 or something, then 5k off on top of that with bank offers thus making it effectively 45k should be a infinitely better deal than getting the 4a anyway.

yes man iphone 11 makes more sense also i have not use android phone except pantech burst difficult to migrate from apple ecosystem what do you think upgrading to iphone se makes sense ? happy with iphone 6s on ios 13 want to try ios 14 but on older devices upgrading is a strict no

yes man iphone 11 makes more sense also i have not use android phone except pantech burst difficult to migrate from apple ecosystem what do you think upgrading to iphone se makes sense ? happy with iphone 6s on ios 13 want to try ios 14 but on older devices upgrading is a strict no
At same price point, the SE 2020 still makes more sense than the 4a bro, but but that tiny screen is something which puts me off, I mean I can't even imagine using a 4.7 incher anymore as my eyesights are getting worse with age not the other way around. Also that battery and the camera isn't that good either. But then again even the iPhone 11 camera is worse than any pixels out there, so there's that. The main problem with the SE is most definitely the tiny screen size and even tinier battery. But if you have no problem with that, as you are using a 6S right now, I think you should at least consider the SE 2020. But still BBD sale might give good offers on the iP11.

349 should translate to around 34999 rupees, then in BBD you'll get at least 2k off with bank card offer, thus effective price being 33k or something. If the phone actually lasts long time then it maybe is a fine option but still a 730 chipset is already outdated.

I just wanna grab an iPhone 11. Considering the iPhone 12 Mini will be 649 therefore 64999 rupees, I hope Apple reduces the official price of iPhone 11 to maybe like 49999 or something, then 5k off on top of that with bank offers thus making it effectively 45k should be a infinitely better deal than getting the 4a anyway.
When comes to google literal money conversion won't work. I except it to be priced near 45 to 50k mark. Let's wait and see

@sbhas2k nobody in their right minds would pay 45-50k for a 730 chipset :) lets wait n see the indian pricing it should be around 39-40k
TBH that's why I thought. Infact less than 20k for that chipset should be an opt pricing, then Nord came and it is selling like hot cakes [emoji1751]

Rather I would buy a cheap handset with dev support and install pixel rom ;) infact using k20pro with pixel rom and it is awesome [emoji41]

TBH that's why I thought. Infact less than 20k for that chipset should be an opt pricing, then Nord came and it is selling like hot cakes [emoji1751]

But Nord had 765G and not 730G. I think the most expensive phone I might buy with a 730G would be the Samsung M51 which is 23k right now after discount. And this is only because there are people out there who don't want to buy Chinese brands.

@sbhas2k nobody in their right minds would pay 45-50k for a 730 chipset :) lets wait n see the indian pricing it should be around 39-40k

Here you go, as predicted earlier. Amazon listed it at ~55k. Hopefully will come down after the official announcement.

Here you go, as predicted earlier. Amazon listed it at ~55k. Hopefully will come down after the official announcement.

That's a private seller who is selling after importing from US.

Google Pixel 4a price in India has been set at Rs. 31,999. However, the phone will be available with an introductory price tag of Rs. 29,999. On the availability part, Google has revealed that the Pixel 4a will go on sale in India through Flipkart starting October 16.

decent pricing :D so who is buying ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back