PL Computers and Communication from Nehru Place giving trouble.

Okay, so I have a Dell monitor that I purchased from PLCC in Nehru Place on 1st Nov 2017.
The monitor stopped working a few days ago and I called Dell and they troubleshooted it. it didn't work so they told me to mail them my address, monitor pic, bill pic for a replacement.
I mailed those to them yesterday and they replied back that the bill doesn't have my name mentioned and neither the seller's phone number. So the told me to get it written on the bill and have it signed and stamped and send it to them again.

So I called PLCC today for the help and they denied doing it and hung up on me. What can be done now?

I have emailed Dell telling them how rude the shopkeeper was. Infact, the Dell Customer care that I encountered today was no less either. It's the last time I have bought from Dell.

Only if I knew that earlier. I had 2 HP monitors before this and they never gave any trouble with the replacement. I will go back with HP for the next purchase I guess. Or maybe Benq

Yeah, do give them a visit.
Looks like Dell is willing to work it out if a proper bill is given.
Try visiting them with their original receipts and ask for a duplicate/proper receipt as needed by Dell.
If PLCC still refuses, then you can take further action.

Thanks guys for your replies. Dell emailed me today and apologised for this. And they have also dispatched the replacement monitor. But seriously speaking, I am never going to buy or refer Dell to anyone again. My first computer was an HP which never gave me any issue in the 6-7 years I had it and I also had 2 monitors by them. The second monitor was replaced two times due to dead pixels and they were so cooperative.

Thanks guys for your replies. Dell emailed me today and apologised for this. And they have also dispatched the replacement monitor. But seriously speaking, I am never going to buy or refer Dell to anyone again. My first computer was an HP which never gave me any issue in the 6-7 years I had it and I also had 2 monitors by them. The second monitor was replaced two times due to dead pixels and they were so cooperative.

Good to see Dell atleast giving you a replacement

Nothing like that. Glad you getting a replacement without having to visit the store and dealing in person with all this virus issue as well. Good on Dell

Nothing like that. Glad you getting a replacement without having to visit the store and dealing in person with all this virus issue as well. Good on Dell
Agreed... I doubt many company would go to this length in this pandemic.
I had a Dell XPS 1645 and needed a replacement battery with higher cells. Though their battery was available 2-3 days ago, the day I went for order it became unavailable. I called up CC and Mr. Vidur sent me the bank details for the order. Point is, I was satisfied with the service.

Regarding defects, it can be with any company. To generalise it for the entire company would be a bit far fetched.

It's well known that customer service in India is far from acceptable standards.

Find a good product that meets your criteria and buy it. Fisticuffs with customer care will happen irrespective of brand!

Back