Audio Plan to buy 5.1 computer speaker for around 6k

robotsmani

Disciple
Hi,
i am planning to buy a 5.1 speaker for my computer. After a little browsing sorted the following
1. Logitech z506
2. F&D 6000

Usage: Movie watching, Gaming and music.
Budget: arount 6k

What about the F&D 3000 and 3000U is it good.
Is it worth buying the F&D600U for the USB option for 2k extra

Please suggest. if any other good 5.1 please let me know

Thanks,
Mani

Hi,
i am planning to buy a 5.1 speaker for my computer. After a little browsing sorted the following
1. Logitech z506
2. F&D 6000

Usage: Movie watching, Gaming and music.
Budget: arount 6k

What about the F&D 3000 and 3000U is it good.
Is it worth buying the F&D600U for the USB option for 2k extra

Please suggest. if any other good 5.1 please let me know

Thanks,
Mani
F&D 6000 is fine and usb is your personal choice,however you can also consider edifier da 5100(it may be out of your budget)

Ordered the F6000 from snapdeal and received a dead unit as it is not power on. Returned to snapdeal and have to wait another 10 to 12 days for replacement. Slow snapdeal(snaildeal).

To power on the speaker, do we need to connect the input or without connecting any input it should power on the subwoofer(power on LED). right? When i connected the subwoofer in the power and switched on, the LED is not turned on and after some time the Woofer get a small "Thuk" sound. nothing worked.

Frustrated :banghead::arghh:

it should power on when connected to the power-source. i suppose the power LED would start blinking when connected to a power-source, then you plug in the input, then power up the media source, and then switch on the sub. you can also keep the input connected to the sub at all times, but do remember to first switch on the media-source, and then switch on the speakers-sys./sub.

BTW, not a very good idea to have ordered from snapdeal. avoid snapdeal for bigger purchases. too many complaints of late.

i thought i had replied. weird!
anyway, good that you got the refund soon. yes, ebay will be a little costlier. but the above listing is by fenda India itself, so you may buy it.
about the usage of cards in local shops, check the computer stores in bangalore, esp. at SP road, and shops like Golchha IT, railton, Ankit infotech, megatron infosys, computer warehouse, binary world, etc., etc.) and see if any one having the speakers will accept the card or not (these above-listed ones should, IMO); amex cards are accepted at retail outlets too.

Thanks guys.

@Rockfella, you mean to say Logitech Z506? Somehow i didn't like the connection method of speakers and the Volume Control on the right Speaker in Logitech.

How about the Edifier DA5000 Pro? i know it is little more from my budget. Is there any system available with the Optical input in the 10k budget range.

no system with digital inputs under 10k. z906 used to sell for 13-14k three years back, now there's none i suppose.
DA5000 Pro is a very good system! but analog again. z506 is good too, but perhaps MAY feel a bit underpowered; can't say for sure. IMO get the f6000, is in your budget, you've already set your eyes on it, fulfills your requirements, and is a good all-rounder.

Thanks guys.

@Rockfella, you mean to say Logitech Z506? Somehow i didn't like the connection method of speakers and the Volume Control on the right Speaker in Logitech.

How about the Edifier DA5000 Pro? i know it is little more from my budget. Is there any system available with the Optical input in the 10k budget range.
if you want optical input then you should just take a look at Edifier C6XD it sells somewhere around 12k

I had the Edifier DA5000 Pro, sold them without using them much.

What made me buy DA5000 Pro: I read amazing reviews of the then flagship 5.1s of Edifier - S550. Most of the users upgrading from Z5500 (the then popular "best 5.1 computer speakers") to S550 had one thing to say: S550 was way better in every way. Bear in mind the Z5500 had digital inputs as well while the S550 are analogue speakers. Keeping that in mind I assumed that the DA5000 Pro (since from same company - Edifier) will have the same sound signature but might be slightly less powerful. Since I have Xonar DX I thought I have a good sound card to juice the DA5000 Pro. Well I was surprised to find DA5000 Pro had unacceptable weak center speaker. In some movies the dialogues were not audible, especially movies with DTS audio, with the center channel volume set to highest in sound card software. So I sold them. The DA5000 Pro is average quality. Now I will say something you won’t like. But I will say it anyways. If you really want to enjoy true 5.1 surround you should look consider buying an entry level HTIB that will play HD audio. Even something that supports DTS and Dolby would be good. This surpasses your budget but the extra money spent will be worthy. Out of the choices given in this thread and within your budget the Logitechs makes sense to me but I have always heard good things about FnD as well :O. Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card with if if your motherboard does not support 5.1 audio. Honestly if I were you I would get good headphones + amp instead of spending on “5.1 Computer speakers”

Last edited:
Now I will say something you won’t like. But I will say it anyways. If you really want to enjoy true 5.1 surround you should look consider buying an entry level HTIB that will play HD audio. Even something that supports DTS and Dolby would be good. This surpasses your budget but the extra money spent will be worthy. Out of the choices given in this thread and within your budget the Logitechs makes sense to me but I have always heard good things about FnD as well :O. Get the Asus Xonar DG sound card with if if your motherboard does not support 5.1 audio. Honestly if I were you I would get good headphones + amp instead of spending on “5.1 Computer speakers”

mmm...thats a good suggestion Rockfella...
Currenlty i am having the Sennheiser HD 202 for watching movies and games. That is really works well.

I have already started thinking on the HTIB way. Checked the Yamaha yht 196 (27K), Yamaha yht 299(~40K) and Pioneer htb 071(~28K) as these are having good reviews. I went and heard the Yamaha and felt the difference.

RM, double your budget now! ;)

Have to increase the budget to 6 to 7 times :eek::mad:

But i don't have bigger LED TV to match with the above HTIB. When i buy the Bigger TV or Projector defintly i need bigger HT. May be that time i can invest on the HTIB.

Let me do more research on it and then decide.

Getting more confused:confused:

Last edited:
mmm...thats a good suggestion Rockfella...
Currenlty i am having the Sennheiser HD 202 for watching movies and games. That is really works well.

I have already started thinking on the HTIB way. Checked the Yamaha yht 196 (27K), Yamaha yht 299(~40K) and Pioneer htb 071(~28K) as these are having good reviews. I went and heard the Yamaha and felt the difference.

Have to increase the budget to 6 to 7 times :eek::mad:

But i don't have bigger LED TV to match with the above HTIB. When i buy the Bigger TV or Projector defintly i need bigger HT. May be that time i can invest on the HTIB.

Let me do more research on it and then decide.

Getting more confused:confused:
You are on the right track. My take: Stick with HD202 till you get big tv/projector. Save for Tv/HTIB :)

Last edited:
Back