Audio Plan to buy 5.1 computer speaker for around 6k

yes, if you can wait, save and keep adding the 'greenery' to your bank-account, and take the better route to move towards getting an HTiB, esp. for its plethora of AV inputs, customisations, etc. moreover, instead of buying a whole package, if you have saved well and good enough, you may also get a solid AVR, new or used, and a good speaker-system package separately, and couple them up to have a solid HTiB assembled by yourself! the 5.1 computer/desktop speakers are definitely not (meant) for the living-room (i have those in my PC room, a mid-sized room, and they serve me very well for all the aural-requirements!), if you seriously wish to enjoy an action-packed (HD) movie on your TV! get your new TV or projector, then the HTiB, hook them up, and prove yourself to be 'Mani the menace' for your neighbours! ;)

After a lot of thinking, bought the F&D F6000 due to the budget constrain. Will plan for big with the LED TV next year.
Now the setting for the F&D F6000. I am having 11ft x 11ft computer room and the config for my computer as follows (in the spoiler)

i5 2500k 3.3Ghz + CM Hyper 212 Evo |MSI Cyclone R6850 PE/OC |Asus P8Z68 V/Gen3 |Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x4GB |Corsair GS600 |NZXT Gamma |ASUS PA238Q IPS+ BenQ G2420 |Seagate 1TB+500GB |ASUS 24X DVD RW

How do i set the speakers to get the maximum effect. For the surround speaker, please suggest me a wall mount/brackets which will up/down and left/right adjusted.

Currently i am playing 2.1 set up and lying around all speaker together and enjoying the amazing bass which i expected.

Thanks in Advance.

congrats!
first of all, tell me are you using 'normal' mode on the speakers? how have you put the speakers in 2.1 mode? by not installing the rear & center speakers yet?

download foobar for music, xbmc/mpc-hc/pot player for movies. i suppose you must be using realtek audio manager to configure audio-settings?

for mounts, get 2 pairs of these (for rears as well as fronts). am using these. will post a pic later of how i have set-up my speakers on the mounts.
put fronts and rears at a little above your ear-level when sitting. make sure that the front and rear speakers are equidistant from your sitting position on either side, ie, you should be in the middle of the pairs. you can also mount the rear speakers at the sides of your head if you have walls equidistant from your sitting position. also, make sure to not mount a speaker touching or very near a wall-corner (where 2 adjacent walls might be joining), or if not possible, then tilt it away from the corner (i have a rear speaker in such a position). the center speaker can either be placed just beneath your monitor-stand, or atop the table. just keep it in close proximity to yourself. also, keep the fronts and rears slightly tilted and angled towards your head, esp. the rears, for a better effect.

Thanks guys.

@Kilroyquasar
I am in Prologic mode. Connected the Front panel out to DVD 2.1 input with Belkin rca cable. All speakers are connected but placed top of the Woofer. Waiting for the weekend to set.

Yes i am using the realtek config. Currently for musing i used media player and movies VLC.

Similar mount is there from MX. I am going SP Road tomorrow and let me find out how it is
http://www.amazon.in/MX-CAMERA-SPEA...TF8&qid=1422003965&sr=1-2&keywords=mx+Speaker

Ya. can you please post some pic how you mounted the speaker with the brackets. i am wondering how to do, because the speakers are having nail mount holes

ok. if you have connected in the 5.1 mode too (ie, 3 RCA-to-3.5mm cables from the sub to your PC) and used the 'normal' mode on it, then do let me know how has it been. and if not yet, then pls let me know later.

and i suppose the spkrs have DVD and AUX mode as input-modes? any other, like movies, music, gaming too?

the MX mount looks good, and very similar to the HT-55, but to tilt and swivel it, you will have to use an allen key/screwdriver, whereas in the HT-55, you could do so with fingers. although not a big deal, as after once setting the speakers in a position suitable for your listening, you would seldom touch them. take one speaker with you tomorrow.

i will post the pics tonight.[DOUBLEPOST=1422059530][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry, took the snaps y'day night but forgot to upload them. here they are (not very detailed images):

94zl8url.jpg

gyC75ufl.jpg

B6N7TBjl.jpg

F43e9QIl.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the SP Road...MX is not available. Order the TONO HT55 mounts from amazon. The thing is the surround speakers are having no thread hole. It is having nail hanging hole. Wondering how fix it. Is your speakers are having threaded holes?

Yes. Connected with 5.1 mode works good and yes it is having aux and prologic mode and music, movies and sound modes.

Initially the Bass is not coming with VLC player and after installing mpc player it is playing good. Need experiment more. Please suggest good musics and movies to test.

the thumb nuts provided with the HT-55 mounts would take care of the keyhole in the speakers.

get HQ versions of the tracks 'give life back to music' of daft punk, 'magnetized' from johnny hates jazz, 'badman's song' & 'suffer the children' from tears for fears, 'my meditation' from Sanjay Mishra's blue incantation & 'yaar doot naar khuth' from Rahul Sharma's Kashmir - Nature's Symphony for instrumentals. make sure to listen to HQ versions of these tracks (nothing less than 320kbps bitrate). these should essentially cover almost the whole spectrum of sounds and frequencies for you to test your speakers' 'musicality'. there are some more tracks that are suggested by audio-experts, but these above are those that i've listened to, over-and-over again.

for movie, test the system with 'master & commander - far side of the world'. should be enough.

Last edited:
After a lot of thinking, bought the F&D F6000 due to the budget constrain. Will plan for big with the LED TV next year.
Now the setting for the F&D F6000. I am having 11ft x 11ft computer room and the config for my computer as follows (in the spoiler)

i5 2500k 3.3Ghz + CM Hyper 212 Evo |MSI Cyclone R6850 PE/OC |Asus P8Z68 V/Gen3 |Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 2x4GB |Corsair GS600 |NZXT Gamma |ASUS PA238Q IPS+ BenQ G2420 |Seagate 1TB+500GB |ASUS 24X DVD RW

How do i set the speakers to get the maximum effect. For the surround speaker, please suggest me a wall mount/brackets which will up/down and left/right adjusted.

Currently i am playing 2.1 set up and lying around all speaker together and enjoying the amazing bass which i expected.

Thanks in Advance.
How is the fenda speakers working out

Back