PC Peripherals Planned Upgrades - Cabinet and CPU Cooler, Expert Advice required.

Guyz,

My friends took away both my Previous Cabinet as well as coolers hence need to buy Chasis and CPU Cooler.

Friends, I have shortlisted 3 Cabinets but unable to decide. MY System Config is in my signature.

Full Tower Cabinets:

1. Corsair Obsidian 800D Full Tower

2. HAF X

3. NZXT Phantom

Requirement is to keep the PC cool but also to ensure no deposition of DUST since I stay in oshiwara hence from the link road lot of dust gathers in house.

CPU Cooler:

I have pushed thoughts for Corsair H100 since it might be much better than my previous H70.

I don't prefer going for Passive Cooler since they consume lot of space and it is a pain for Dust.

Please Help Guyz.

heyy bro...

as far as cabinets r concern i would rather choose between haf x and phantom .... both are equiped vd same features but phantom is less expensive ... n looks awsome its comes near around 7 to 7.5k...i would rather go for phantom full tower...it looks awsome...

n i know about ur dust problem trust me/...... i stay at borivali n i have the same problem as urs....

I am using Phantom NZXT & its working great no sign of dust & huge space.. Got it for 6300Rs. For cooler surely go for it because I am also planing to go for H80 or H100.

^^ A pitch from my side --

NZXT Tempest EVO ~ 6200/- OR Corsair Carbide 400R ~ 5800/-
for a CPU cooler, look at these --

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~ 3900/- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler Review - The Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - Legit Reviews OR
Noctua NH-D14 ~ 4600/- Noctua NH-D14 HSF Review - The Best CPU Cooler Ever? - The Massive Noctua NH-D14 - Legit Reviews -- both these coolers will perform better and will generate lesser noise at higher fan speeds.

ankxxs said:
I am using Phantom NZXT & its working great no sign of dust & huge space.. Got it for 6300Rs. For cooler surely go for it because I am also planing to go for H80 or H100.

Did you buy it second hand?

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers!!

About the H100, recently read a review where it was not so good as the H80 on price performance ratio. But the H100 was better than the other brands of water coolers.

Either go for H80 or Anter Kuhler 920. Both perform same, some put the former 1~2c better, some put the latter. But H80 is cheaper. H100 is better only if you use 4 fans.

shahbaaz_vision said:
Guyz, Ordered CM HAF X from theitwares, since it seemed a better Deal than Phantom. I like the cooling facility but built quality is not so good.

Guyz, Little Confused here. My heart says me to buy Obsidian D800, brain speaks of HAFX and Spirit babbling at me to buy Phantom. Confused here.

Please help me decide, I want a future proof product but at a good price. HAF-X is cooler than Obsidian, Phantom gives similar performance of HAF-X in cooling but lacks other features like HotSwap Bay, GPU Cooler, etc.

Hence please help me decide, I don't need it for show off but I need a reliable cabinet.

^^ Get the Corsair Obsidian 800D OR better still the Graphite 600D will also suit you well.

Personal favorite, if you can forgo the hot-swap bay and USB 3.0 front headers get the NZXT Tempest EVO -- the best cabinet in the sub-6500/- scene.

Reviews here --

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nzxt_tempest_evo/ / http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Tempest_EVO/ / http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_graphite_600t_white/ / http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Graphite_600T/ / http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Obsidian_800D/.

Hope this helps, Sire.

Need Help in Deciding between HAF X and CM Storm Trooper

Guyz,

Earlier I made a mistake with NZXT Phantom, well it does not suit my taste, hence I am changing to a CM Product.

Ok, Shortlisted 2 products. Both are Full Tower and highly reputed.

1. CM HAF X, Lauched 2010, Lot of Features.

Review: CM Storm Trooper review

2. CM Storm Trooper, Lauched 2011, Fanstastic Looks and good enough Features.

Review: Cooler Master HAF-X review

Guyz, Please suggest me 1 of them.

Regards

Shahbaaz

Re: Need Help in Deciding between HAF X and CM Storm Trooper

shahbaaz_vision said:
Guyz,

Earlier I made a mistake with NZXT Phantom, well it does not suit my taste, hence I am changing to a CM Product.

Ok, Shortlisted 2 products. Both are Full Tower and highly reputed.

1. CM HAF X, Lauched 2010, Lot of Features.

Review: CM Storm Trooper review

2. CM Storm Trooper, Lauched 2011, Fanstastic Looks and good enough Features.

Review: Cooler Master HAF-X review

Guyz, Please suggest me 1 of them.

Regards

Shahbaaz

Go for HAF X, I would also recommend SilverStone Raven RV01 (same price range) or RV02-E if its available.

Re: Need Help in Deciding between HAF X and CM Storm Trooper

ChessMaster said:
Go for HAF X, I would also recommend SilverStone Raven RV01 (same price range) or RV02-E if its available.

I had Raven RV01 which I sold for 7k, Don't like the Upward Style. Also it does not support 240MM RAD.

sunny4691 said:
Between storm trooper and hafx, hafx is the way to go, truly beast.

Yeah but HAFX looks looking little ugly and CM gives only 1 X 200MM Fan, the other has to be purchased separately which might be say Rs900 Extra. also one more thing is that I liked the looks of Trooper and the features of HAF X.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guyz, 3 more temptations.

1. Thermaltake Level10 GT

2. Thermaltake MK-I

3. Corsair Obsidian 800D

Liked the look of Level10GT but quite costly. Please update guyz. Quite confused here. This will be my upgrade for a long long time.

Infected said:
Corsair 800D. You will not look back for another 5-10 years.

Thnx for replying mate. I dunno where are rest of our spartans from the geek house.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Infected said:
Corsair 800D. You will not look back for another 5-10 years.

Thnx for replying mate. I dunno where are rest of our spartans from the geek house.

...but seriously, comparing the 800D to the other 2 is not even a good comparison actually,

800D is not so good for Air-cooling where the other two excel in. But since you got the H100 I recommend the 800D.

It is a "Tank" and you will love it, the build quality is super, I have never liked the build quality of CM at all,

I have looked at the CM 690 back in the day and was put off by its plastic.

Other ones to consider are some of Lian-Li and Antec's (I dont know how they are not back in the day they were super, coming from an AMG 1080 myself.) as well, they have very good build quality as well....

Back