Planning to buy a new Dell Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541215IN8).

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System - Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15 New Laptop (S541215IN8)

The laptop stated above is not available in any retail stores in Mumbai, not even at the official Dell Retail outlets. I had called up both the Dell Mumbai Retailer as well as the Dell Helpline. I was told that i wont be getting any discounts and the price displayed on the website is the actual price i will have to pay. I wont be getting any accessories not even the leather laptop carrying case. I tried to bargain but the Dell guys plainly refuse to offer any discount, not even the goodies.

Any suggestions?

Where are you located? Dell laptops can be bought from lamington rd in mumbai for slightly less -around 2k if you include delivery- than the dell online price.

Me too ordered it online only. Go ahead and order it online. And yes, I also didn't got any goodies or discount, just a discount of 100 bucks and that too for making a round figure. But it's worth it. When I inquired about this one then all local stores quoted some 2 k more then the online price. So buy online only.

Yes Dell is not giving any discounts or goodies lately, i think they will give creative EP-630 with it.
Apart from that, no bag nothing.

AFAIK, try asking if any of your friend know someone in Dell, they can get you a Dell laptop for 20% discount, since the number of laptops they can buy with this discount is very less, they can at least give you 8% discount for sure.
Happy hunting.:)

Dunno about Mumbai, but at Computer Empire in Nehru Place, Delhi you can get the same model for cheaper than what they sell at the website and about 2.5 to 3 Grands cheaper if you take them without Windows 7 .. No goodies but you get the backpack Dell bag...

I think there is no harm in looking around in Local Stores.. you might just get a better deal...

Thank you people for the valuable suggestions.

And pardon me for using the SMS lingo in my post.It shall never happen again.

And yes i think buying online would be a nice option, since the retailers in the market are also offering me the same price as stated on the website.

Buddy if you want a DELL laptop i can get a great discount for you.. so you can let me know the model no. and will tell you my quote... infact that will be the quote directly from DELL.. :)

Back