Planning to Buy SE ViVaz

vivacious_tg

Skilled
Planning to Buy SE ViVaz..idea dropped,now considering Xperia X10

Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying SE Vivaz, please let me know your thoughts about it.
Good , bad & other thoughts...

Anyone using it in TE is welcome to share his/her experience. :eek:hyeah:

Thanks for reading.

I have seen the phone ..

Its plastic material and easily breaks on falling from a good height...

So i recommend you check for other phone...

Feature wise it is good.

teja92 said:
Its plastic material and easily breaks on falling from a good height...
yeah i used it for a while, the build quality is nothing to write home about. Removing the battery cover is a nightmare-it always gives the impression its gonna break. menus are slightly sluggish, but the media capabilities are excellent. The camera is great, and so are its video playback and audio playback. GPS is great but the in-house wisepilot used GPRS and is expensive. this being a symbian handset, most of nokia's ovi store applications will work-not officially, of course- with some hacks. battery life is decent. Overall, a nice phone to buy. If camera is your main feature, this is the phone to go with:)

arsenalmaniac said:
yeah i used it for a while, the build quality is nothing to write home about. Removing the battery cover is a nightmare-it always gives the impression its gonna break. menus are slightly sluggish, but the media capabilities are excellent. The camera is great, and so are its video playback and audio playback. GPS is great but the in-house wisepilot used GPRS and is expensive. this being a symbian handset, most of nokia's ovi store applications will work-not officially, of course- with some hacks. battery life is decent. Overall, a nice phone to buy. If camera is your main feature, this is the phone to go with:)
Thanks for reply..but i need some more info..
how do you rate the phone on the basis of build quality & looks , then features & amount of money invested & last GUI ? Can it be considered VFM buy?

vivacious_tg said:
Thanks for reply..but i need some more info..

how do you rate the phone on the basis of build quality & looks , then features & amount of money invested & last GUI ? Can it be considered VFM buy?
Build quality- 6/10. Nokia is miles ahead here.

Looks- 8/10. The general look and feel - except some parts of the symbian UI - is excellent and gives an upmarket feel. The 'Human Curvature' design ie the way the back of the handset is curved so as to fit better into the palm of one's hand is well executed and feels nice.

Features- 8/10. The usual Wi-fi, 3G and A-GPS is present, and the reworked media menu is good. DivX/ Xvid Video formats are not natively supported but the supplied video convertor does a good and quick job. Audio quality is superb and the bundled earphones are pretty good. The camera is its USP and it does not let you down. great pictures, great HD videos with continuous autofocus so that it behaves exactly like a camcorder. Note the fact that rolling shutter effect- skewing of pic when taken from a moving vehicle- is quite noticable.

VFM- 6/10. The vivaz can't really be considered a VFM purchase, aprat from the gr8 cam. If you do not need the camera that much, then there are comparable handsets available for a lot less. Spica is one that comes to mind for 13k. For 3-4k more you can get milestone with android and 3.7 inch display plus slide-out qwerty keypad. If symbian OS is ur thing, then the nokia x6 16 GB at 16k is a real good deal. If you only want SE, look at the xperia x10 mini at 17-18k.

GUI- 6/10. Its the same old Symbian S60 5th edition available on every single Nokia touchscreen phone. th media menu is reworked and a typical SE theme is preloaded, but its by and large tried and tested symbian. If customization is your thing, go for an android handset.

hope that helps you decide:)

Re: Planning to Buy SE ViVaz..idea dropped ...now considering SE Xperia X10

arsenalmaniac said:
Build quality- 6/10. Nokia is miles ahead here.
Looks- 8/10. The general look and feel - except some parts of the symbian UI - is excellent and gives an upmarket feel. The 'Human Curvature' design ie the way the back of the handset is curved so as to fit better into the palm of one's hand is well executed and feels nice.
Features- 8/10. The usual Wi-fi, 3G and A-GPS is present, and the reworked media menu is good. DivX/ Xvid Video formats are not natively supported but the supplied video convertor does a good and quick job. Audio quality is superb and the bundled earphones are pretty good. The camera is its USP and it does not let you down. great pictures, great HD videos with continuous autofocus so that it behaves exactly like a camcorder. Note the fact that rolling shutter effect- skewing of pic when taken from a moving vehicle- is quite noticable.
VFM- 6/10. The vivaz can't really be considered a VFM purchase, aprat from the gr8 cam. If you do not need the camera that much, then there are comparable handsets available for a lot less. Spica is one that comes to mind for 13k. For 3-4k more you can get milestone with android and 3.7 inch display plus slide-out qwerty keypad. If symbian OS is ur thing, then the nokia x6 16 GB at 16k is a real good deal. If you only want SE, look at the xperia x10 mini at 17-18k.
GUI- 6/10. Its the same old Symbian S60 5th edition available on every single Nokia touchscreen phone. th media menu is reworked and a typical SE theme is preloaded, but its by and large tried and tested symbian. If customization is your thing, go for an android handset.

hope that helps you decide:)
After reading your comments & checking the piece personally, I have dropped the idea of buying SE Vivaz & considering SE Xperia X10. Can you give your expert comments on X10 on the same parameters as you rated vivaz.:hap2:

Would be happy to have comments from other members as well.

abhifusion said:
yep ur right bt i live in pune where 12.5% VAT gets added to base price so out here dealers quote 17k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vivacious_tg said:
After reading your comments & checking the piece personally, I have dropped the idea of buying SE Vivaz & considering SE Xperia X10. Can you give your expert comments on X10 on the same parameters as you rated vivaz.:hap2:

Would be happy to have comments from other members as well.
hehe thx for the nice words:hap2:

Sry to disappoint you but unfortunately i've not used the Xperia myself...so i can't really comment with full authority, bt here's wt i nkow abt it:

Main Features:
1.Excellent 4" capacitive hi-res screen...makes watching videos and browsing webpages a pleasure
2.8MP cam which takes very good pictures but cannot record in HD
3. Very good-looking design...no physical QWERTY keypad but the large screen means on-screen typing should be good enough
4.Customised Android OS with Timescape and Mediascape UI...it currently only runs Android 1.6 though. 2.1 will arrive in Q4 and no mention of 2.2 has yet been made.
5. very fast 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor means that the UI is smooth and responsive, especially after firmware update

that's all...an xperia user can tell you more about the drawbacks and actual real-world impressions:)

Back