Planning to enroll in to Part time MBA? Is this a good idea?

Gabriela43

Recruit
My father is Btech CSE qualified and earns around 90k in his current job. Is it a good idea to enroll him in to part time MBA? So that after completing course, he gets a higher salary? Will he get a good salary bump if he completes Part-time MBA?

I am not sure if that would help. I have seen some of the senior mgrs in my previous company, who were doing 3 years part time MBA from NMIMS. They had to attend classes on weekends. But part time MBA cannot be equal to a full Time MBA. I had asked this question to a counselor who had come to my college. He said its not worth it.

But I feel that an Executive MBA would be the best option for him from the top institutes. It gets completed in 1 year, but it costs a bomb and If his company sponsors it, then it would be best.

Part time MBA is just for the degree and it may not be as helpful as a full time MBA in long term.. Though i would say it is better than having none.

SJSOM, NMIMS and lot more institutes offer such course. Also one need to wisely choose the institute as it would be unwise to do in some known institute.

Full time flagship MBA course is the best and then Executive MBA (This is for people with 5 or more years of experience) and the last resort is part time for a well reputed institute...

Don't do MBA for the sake of salary, as it may not fruitful and give immediate return rather a long term investment
All the best

I am always a proponent of more education. I strongly believe that he will be better able to achieve his career goals if he attends an MBA program, whether these goals be a higher salary, as you stated, a promotion, or just an increased usefulness in his current position. I completed an MBA program at Babson College and cannot recommend that program highly enough. I graduated last year and have already been promoted from a junior level position to mid-level. Best of luck to your father!

Attachments

• upload_2013-10-18_18-48-27.png
    upload_2013-10-18_18-48-27.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 145
Back