PC Peripherals Planning to get this Notebook. Have a look...

Shripad

ex-Mod
I saw this exact notebook at mnemonic systems and i was blown away with the features it had. And i was shocked to here the price after words.
First the product link.
http://www.iballonline.com/product.asp?grpname=High End Notebooks&subcategory=Notebook&menu=1

This laptop has friggin widescreen LCD supporting friggin 1680 x 1050.
Ok has PM 1.7Ghz 2MB L2 processor. 1 GB RAm, 80GB (luxary for laptops) HDD.

Ok not enough?
Has a built in TV tuner, video in, svideo in.

Not enough?
has dual antena wifi. Havent seen dual antena notebook before here in India.

Not enough?
ATI Radeon 9700 265MB Onboard.

Not enough?
Dual layer DVD writter.
All this not enough?
Price Rs. 87K....
:S :S :S :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Seriously thinking of this beauty for my father. He needs a PC to record his medical laproscopic surgeries. This is best portable solution i see for it.
Heck this can be a very good gaming and entertainment laptop.

Acer has a similar config for 67k or so....
you will have to add RAM and an HDD to it, but it is way better quality and value for money....

None of the models i have seen has video in. That is the must have for my purpose.
And i can use this as a gaming machine too.
And widescreen in this range? I havent seen any model from acer to have widescreen and in this price range.
And by the way i have seen this notebook and its built quality is top notch. And the screen clarity was soo amazing. I can directly compare it to the ibook i used to have.
Still if there is any other model with good graphic card and video in then let me know.
Adding a RAM is very expensive issue with Notebooks. Its not as cheap as our desktop RAM.

And by the way it loks like they are rebranding some other notebook and not building this themself.

And what abt battery life???

And as for me, I would still pay a little bit of a premium and go for a laptop from a better compoany like Toshiba, Sony, IBM, Dell, Acer, etc...

the problem is availability in India.
Similar dell config is in excess of 1Lac and that too dosent have video in.

I wasent looking for laptop at all. I just purchased 1 gaming laptop from singapore.
I was gona build a PC but the problem came up with the space in operation theator of my father. There aint space for full PC there.
Consider this. Thats the only reason i am looking for this machine.

checked it. Still a lot inferior to this notebook in terms of processor, memory, HDD, screen resolution and still no video in.
I wrote email to acer to ask if they have any laptop that has video in.

IF you wanna buy this, contact the iBall head office directly... they will give some discount... ( Best IT international)They are located in Andheri(E)... contact Mr. Hemant- 9821645197 ...

Back