Planning to go for M.tech, future benefits ?

Since i want to study more and more in my Computer Science field, i had already decided up for M.tech.

But this decision is being opposed my many of my friend, they all are saying that its not fruitful spending 2 year in Mtech.

Just want to know from you guyz, is doing mtech and spending 2 year is not really worth ???

I am attracted toward Mtech for following 2 reason :
1) Want to study more in Cse :D
2) My dad was a teacher, mom is teacher, both sis are teacher, and hence my mom want me to be teacher also :D, so Mtech will surely add teaching as a backup profession in future :D

If you are going to work in IT Industry, doing MTech may not add any value. For teaching, at least post graduation is required for permanent positions. Not to mention educational qualifications matter in Government sector.

if u want to go for the teaching profession .. go for m.tech ... else no use

not sure about other degree courses ... but why dont you go for various kinds of certification courses..they sure add up value to the resume ....

go for various certification like the RHCE , Microsoft Certifications , Certifications in different languages ... try to master Data structure n algos ... will help a lot

go for various certification like the RHCE , Microsoft Certifications , Certifications in different languages ... try to master Data structure n algos ... will help a lot

is there any certification related to SEO, PPC analyst or something in the field of web-developing like that of WP, Joomla, OSCommerce :(:(

is there any certification related to SEO, PPC analyst or something in the field of web-developing like that of WP, Joomla, OSCommerce :(:(
LOL! No course available for all these things. You are supposed to gain this knowledge yourself because Web Development and SEO things are still not a main stream career choice at-least in India.

Dude you call yourself @Being.smart and you want to spend more years of your life in colleges???
Recently there have been loads of examples where school dropouts have created history and earned name fame and insane money..... drop out.... that's the new cool ;-)

Just Kidding.... Don't take it seriously :)
If you are really keen on studying further I suggest you pick up some specialty in CSc. Are you open to studying abroad? Even in India you can specialize in something like security / embedded ...
Else instead of PG go for a short term specialized course like VLSI/DAC or like ones... I dont know many but there should be few good new ones in the last few years...

Last edited by a moderator:
^going abroad is a strict no no for me :(, now allowed

Since i know much about web development, seo and also done loads of work on PPC, and also love linux server administration :D

Planning to go for RHCE certification, then find job in some nice hosting company, where i can work on all these fields :D

any kind of education and experience never harm anybody. as you are passionate about studying further, you should do it but not at the expense of campus selection. check out the jobs section in newspapers... they don't want masters and doctors anymore. they want relatively fresh people whom they can groom easily. look for options where you can study alongside working. it was quite easy couple of years back but nowadays 'private' companies don't invest easily in such things. look for public sector or govt job, where you can study further easily. or join any private company and look for the right moment to take a sabbatical.

if u get mtech in good colleges like iit,then u will get better jobs through campussing....

There's no chance i will get in some IIT's :(, but yeah will be able to get into some reputed local colleges..

The main thing is that, my mom want me to be settled in Bhilai, chhattisgarh only, and if i go for job, its sure i will have to settle in Tier-1 or Tier-2 city, where i have to build everything from scrap again :(:(

Back