Planning to go to Consumer Court against Nokia , help.!

sunzeal

Disciple
Hi

I have Lumia 520 and today morning while opening back cover,the screen got cracked :eek:

Googling this issue, i found, there are tons of customers who faced similar screen cracked issue while opening the back cover of Lumia and in most case Nokia did not replace it free.

It does seem that it is a design flaw as so many consumers faced same issue.

I am planning to go to Consumer Court.

Do you guys know on what are the procedure ? It would be District Consumer Forum in Mumbai.

Has any one gone to consumer court ? Would be great if i could get any suggestions / help.

Have been there. You'll need to get a lawyer or you can plead yourself also but then you would have to be physically present on all hearings.

It's tough getting a decision on physical damage products. Why not send them a legal notice and make the Nokia ceo india party by name.

Most of the times a legal notice itself does the trick.

Hi

I have Lumia 520 and today morning while opening back cover,the screen got cracked :eek:

Googling this issue, i found, there are tons of customers who faced similar screen cracked issue while opening the back cover of Lumia and in most case Nokia did not replace it free.

It does seem that it is a design flaw as so many consumers faced same issue.

I am planning to go to Consumer Court.

Do you guys know on what are the procedure ? It would be District Consumer Forum in Mumbai.

Has any one gone to consumer court ? Would be great if i could get any suggestions / help.

Actually it's your fault too... There is no design flow... All other you found on Google all are noobs who don't have slight idea how to open back cover... If you are going to hard press front glass while opening back cover, glass going to break... If you can't open back cover in few try give some one in store to do it for you...

Actually it's your fault too... There is no design flow... All other you found on Google all are noobs who don't have slight idea how to open back cover... If you are going to hard press front glass while opening back cover, glass going to break... If you can't open back cover in few try give some one in store to do it for you...

Well, according to this, all those who broke are noobs ( consumers ) and ultimately the company's design flaw is good is what you are addressing. I can't go to Nokia store every now and than to open the back cover when needed. We have used enough of phone ( samsung, micromax etc ) and they don't crack on opening the phone cover.

It's tough getting a decision on physical damage products. Why not send them a legal notice and make the Nokia ceo india party by name.

great, i guess if there are already tons of complaints with same issue, than there has to be some problem. I will serve them notice and if it does not get address, i'll try with District Consumer Forum.

Well, according to this, all those who broke are noobs ( consumers ) and ultimately the company's design flaw is good is what you are addressing. I can't go to Nokia store every now and than to open the back cover when needed. We have used enough of phone ( samsung, micromax etc ) and they don't crack on opening the phone cover.

Then best of luck going against Nokia because you can't open back cover easily...
When I bought my first 520 for my friend, I give it to all my friend and told them to open back cover for me... None of them able to do it easily... For 520 you need to know exactly where you want to hard press rather than giving pressure to Glass.. I am giving you sincere advice don't waste consumer court time for your mistake.. You can ask few member here who have purchase 520 in past...

In all sincerity, opening the back cover in the L520 has never been an issue to me. It is very easy to do if you know how to. I hold my right hand wrapping the bottom half of the phone. The tips of the 4 first fingers of the left hand, I rest them across the back of the phone, at the level of the camera lens. With the tip of the fingernail of the left thumb placed just above the earpiece, I push down the rim of the back case, while applying pressure with the first four fingers on the back, almost flexing the top half of the back case. The phone pops out easily. In any case, instructions to open the back cover are given in the manual that came with the phone.

Have to side with Nokia on this one sadly!
The missus has been using her 520 with no less than 4 different back covers, changes frequently (very). Manages to do it herself rather easily after being shown once. Apart from that, the phone has suffered innumerable drops/falls wherein the back cover, battery and phone flies away in different directions, still manages to work flawlessly once reassembled. And this is for a period of more than 6 months.
That said, the situation of a bad batch with manufacturing/assembling defects cannot be ruled out. More so, as the 520 is being dished out from Chinese manufacturing facilities.

Hold the topmost edge with the middle finger nail and press the camera hole from behind with the thumb while holding the phone with the left hand around the covered side. Smooth as silk. I cant believe how you managed to crack the screen :p That said, ping them on twitter and they might just listen!

You wont need a lawyer for Consumer Court. I myself need to go there and pull up ShopClues, but lack of time is a big issue.

Just see if there is a case to be made. Having several people who have the issue does not mean much unless you CAN prove that a similar cover from another 520 does not crack when opened the same way.

Also, if Nokia has mentioned how to open the back cover in the manual AND you are doing it wrong, NO case can be made.

Back