Video Plasma/LCD TV for office

Blugene

Adept
fellas,

i need some help in deciding abt a plasma/lcd tv for my office.It woud be mostly used for presentations.

considerations:

size: 55"-65" inches (room size approx. 50'x12')
brand: toshiba/fujitsu/panasonic/hitachi/sony/lg/nec etc.
Budget : arnd 5 lacs
warranty:1-3 years(more the better)
weight: least possible
important aspect: it should be readily available in india(read mumbai) and well supported by the vendor/distributor.

i guess the panasonic vierra 65" plasma was among the best abt a year back...and it used to cost 5.5lacs then...even if it were the best even now, i can't just go n buy it...i'll have to abide by certain administrative guidelines which make me sick everytime i think of buying something from the market.

The products shud be comparable at least by screen size i.e. 55" compared with 55" and 65" with 65"

If you hv any idea regarding such products/ deal with them, regularly pl. offer your recommendations/suggestions/comments etc.

Or if you have recently come across any pricing info/quality details/contact info of dealer etc. of such displays pl. let me know...

Also if you could provide some links etc. to the products that you recommend that wud be gr8 too. i'm also trying to get some info from vendors etc. i know personally...i'll post any info that i can gather in this regard...it might be useful for others too.

hey bro y dont you seriously consider going for a projector instead of a plasma. frankly imo 50+' plasma's are absurdly priced an hence illogical to buy. you could probably get a good enough projector for bout50-70k, thereby making your cost one tenth, an the screen on most projectors can be adjusted anywhere between 40-200 inches.. and hence you could even watch a movie whn u want..;-)

^ Yeah true! Infocus's entire DLP series is available in India, PM me if you need the dealer details.

As for your Plasma query, most corporates prefer NEC, but I'm more than satisfied with the colours on my Hitachi (and its cheaper too!) ;)

amityrock said:
hey bro y dont you seriously consider going for a projector instead of a plasma.

^ we already have an infocus projector(LCD i guess n not DLP)....and everytime a its required to be set up it becomes a nuisance to plug in/out all wires, connectors etc...with most ppl. even ignorant to even do that...and its kinda difficult to get it mounted permanently on the false ceiling.....and of late, it has started showing signs of fatigue after over 3 years of normal usage.

besides, i think i forgot to mention...we want to have a video conferencing facility and even use it as a display terminal for financial news wire services like reuters/crisilwire etc....which makes the case for a plasma tv some more thrust...i'm not sure if we'd like to have another projector though.

I would be very careful w/ plasma, yes the picture quality is more vibrant than LCD.... but they use a gas inside the tube/screen. If the screen gets tipped to much, it can ruin the tv, and you will have to have the gas replaced. Not worth it unless you plan on being very careful, the lcd's are much more rugged.
I bought an LG 42" lcd about 4 months ago, a great tv and lots of good features and connections. 2xhdmi 2xcomponent 1xdigital(optical) and a bunch more digital pc/standard pc HD 1080i (I think they have a 1080p version, but this one was a great price)and a bunch more. Have surfed the web on it and it looks great.... I highly recommend LG

Back