Video Plasma or LCD

hemant0285

Disciple
Hii friends I am confused btwn these 2 models...
1. Panasonic Plasma 42 X10 and
a newly launched model Panasonic 42 A20 model..

2.Sony NX500 Full HD Lcd

Further does anyone knows the difference between the X10 and A20

i found the followin diff....
Two differences i found out was tat
X10--Panel G12 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
X10--Power 285Watts
X10--speakers r nt in front
A20-Panel G13 Progressive HD Plasma Display Panel
A20--Power 230 Watts
A-20--speakers r in front,,,, so may be better quality
thanks

You can throw out the NX500 from your options. It offers nothing more than the EX400. Both have the exact same panel.

Between the 42" 720p plasma and 32" LCD, choose the plasma if you want a big sized screen. Choose the LCD if you want that extra bit of detail.

The same question in another forum,choosing a smaller sized lcd vs a bigger sized plasma is entirely subjective.
If its the lcd you are better of with the cheaper EX400 .As said earlier you can get the 40" version for a cheaper price in grey market.

If its the plasma atleast wait for the 2010 panasonic to arrive,even then initially the 2010 models may be more expensive ,the 2010 model A20 shouldn't cost more then the C10 its replacing.

adder said:
The same question in another forum,choosing a smaller sized lcd vs a bigger sized plasma is entirely subjective.

If its the lcd you are better of with the cheaper EX400 .As said earlier you can get the 40" version for a cheaper price in grey market.

If its the plasma atleast wait for the 2010 panasonic to arrive,even then initially the 2010 models may be more expensive ,the 2010 model A20 shouldn't cost more then the C10 its replacing.

Is A20 the replacement of C10.....

Presently X10 is better than C10 ...So u mean to say that X10 will be better than A20 as A20 is jus a replacement of X10

hemant0285 said:
Is A20 the replacement of C10.....
Presently X10 is better than C10 ...So u mean to say that X10 will be better than A20 as A20 is jus a replacement of X10
The X10 will be replaced by the X20.The upcoming panasonic plasma have slightly better image processing and slightly lower power consumption.
Eventually once the older 09 stocks are cleared you will see that the A20,X20 etc will go down in price,

Price of X10 anyone..... at different places they are quoting different price.... @ Panasonic Brand shop 50000

@ a distributor 45000 and I guess Panasonic is distributed by Godrej Company India wide... they are saying 38000 but they are saying it would take 2 weeks for d delivery./..

apextwin146 said:
Do mention your budget. I would rather go with 2010 models which are X20 and A20. But it entirely depends on your needs too.
NOthing much difference in the 2010 models... Powere consumption is low... tats it...

TechHead said:
Whereas the Plasma has better motion handling and black levels..
But the panasonic plasma loose their black levels after certain amount of viewing,panasonic themself have admitted its present in 2010 models,but occurs more slowly then 09 models.

Then their is the floating blacks,where tests have shown that their blacks drops which can be even inferior to even lcds with ips panel.

adder said:
But the panasonic plasma loose their black levels after certain amount of viewing,panasonic themself have admitted its present in 2010 models,but occurs more slowly then 09 models.

Then their is the floating blacks,where tests have shown that their blacks drops which can be even inferior to even lcds with ips panel.
No reports of decline in black level in the 10 plasmas yet, and even floating blacks are minimal..

TechHead said:
No reports of decline in black level in the 10 plasmas yet, and even floating blacks are minimal..
Floating blacks may be minimal in V20 and above but in the below models they are significant.Black levels will eventually rise in 2010 plasmas after a good number of hrs,i mean panasonic themself have admitted.

Back