PlayStation 2 Gets Cheaper, Pinker

cowax

Disciple
Sony drops the price on the PlayStation 2, announced new colour for later this year.

Sony has sold more than 100 million PlayStation 2s since the console debuted in 1999, leaving just a few billion people without one. Adam Sandler's recent generous donation of 400 PlayStation 2s to Israeli kids will help, but a soon-to-be-announced price drop will probably be more effective.
Later this week, at Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig, Germany, Sony will officially drop the price of the PlayStation 2 to £95. The Memory Card will also get a price cut.

02czu7.jpg

It's precisely this sort of aggressive strategy that many observers think will let Sony squeeze 10 years of life out of the console.

"With this attractive new price point and a vast portfolio of over 2,200 software titles, we believe there has never been a better time to join the community of PlayStation 2 users," said Sony's David Reeves. "At this new price point, the market leading PS2 should remain the computer entertainment system of choice for an even wider and more diverse audience."

The console is also getting a visual makeover. A new, limited edition pink PlayStation 2 will be out in Europe on 8 November, Sony said.

The "funky, fresh, and fashionable" (according to Sony's Dan Hill, at least) new bundle will include the system, two controllers, and a memory card, all decked out in lady-friendly pink.

In the UK, the pink PlayStation 2 will come bundled with SingStar Pop. The entire package will cost £130.

A perfect gift for all yer gamer girlfriends :D

damn, the pinks cover will smoothen the badass reputation of the Ps2 -_-

I hope the price cut applies to black one as well. Ps2 will still be mainstream for a lot of time though.

Pink - it's my new obsession

Pink - it's not even a question,

Pink - on the lips of your lover

(oh)

'Cause Pink is the love you discover

Pink - as the bing on your cherry

Pink - 'cause you are so very

Pink - it's the color of passion

Ah, 'cause today it just goes with the fashion

Pink - it was love at first sight

Yeah, Pink - when I turn out the light

And Pink gets me high as a kite

And I think everything is going to be all right

No matter what we do tonight

You could be my flamingo

'Cause pink - it's the new kinda of lingo

Pink - like a deco umbrella

It's kink that you don't ever tell her

And Pink when I turn out the light

Pink gets me high as a kite

And I think everything is going to be all right

Yeah!

I want to be your lover

I, I wanna wrap you in rubber

And it's pink as the sheets that we lay on

'Cause Pink - it's my favorite crayon

Yeah!

Pink - when I turn out the light

Pink - it's like red but not quite

And I think, everything is going to be all right

Now you know why PINK :eek:hyeah:

Pink suits quite a few people I say. :p.

Talking about Pink Tees and Shirts ofcourse. (Specially smart full sleeved ones :p).
Im sure my gf, will flip over this.. Shell use it to play DVD's and Music only though. Lol. And Maybe some Super Mario.

Actually.. Lately, Pink is quite the fashion for men.. Talking about Clothes though :p.

Its a good move by Sony though. Surely theyll sell for years to come :p.

I guess it would be good for female gamers....but then I think buying the PS2 now...is not the bes thing to do....

I think at the same price (3-4 months later)...we can get the Nintendo Wii...and smashing the ball playing tennis would b fun... Its controller has motion sensors and you need to play with the remote like a racket to hit the ball in a tennis game.... Now thats what I call real gaming !!!

xplicit said:
Hmm £95... Around 8000 bucks.... So how much does that translate to in the grey market ??

Rs.5.5-6.5k.

There's no doubt gamer girls will be selling their current Ps2's to get this one.

*Imagines someone playing GTA on that, XD*

Back