Playstation 5 & Xbox Series X

What are you going to buy or wish to buy? Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X

• Total voters
Heavy import duties + tax.

That $300 price tag is without tax in 'murica too. But in India, yes its worse.

With tax it would be roughly around $330 which is 24k. 35K is too expensive for a disc-less under powered version that doesn't do native 4k gaming, If it was 30k with some cashback offers and the gamepass+ea play offer combined (not announced for India yet), it would be a very tempting proposition. MS will hopefully realize this and drop the price early on, especially if Sony prices the digital version PS5 around 35k or even lower.

Last edited:
Hahaha that's not how surcharge works. Surcharge is levied on the aggregate of all of the taxes and duties computed. So by that logic, the total tax would come out to be: 8360 (20+18) plus 836 (10 percent of 8360); which would still fall short of the amount he mentioned. I think the highly inflated price accounts for the volatility of fluctuations in the exchange rate as corporations don't typically adjust prices in proportion to the fluctuations arising post the announcement.
Post automatically merged:

PS: Not entirely sure if the 18 percent gst is computed on ERP plus duty or both of them are computed on the ERP. Nonetheless, there's no case where surcharge is computed on the amount but not on the tax itself.

Last edited:
I think i'll stick to my rx 570 build for now
1599748200577.png

Back to the actual topic anyways, how vfm is the game pass going to be on the new gen xbox anyways? Since price of AAA games on console itself have made so many of my friends cry, wondering if the subscription model is actually good. (edit :- oh lol, i just googled it for myself and saw that even EA Play is coming with it :O, this does seem really good)

They're increasing that game pass [or whatever] price to $10/month.

At this rate there won't be any more vital body parts for us to sell.

That is for the PC Game Pass which costs 329 and will change to 699 on September 17. You can possibly stack them up till then if you want to retain the price. The console one will remain at 699 and the Ultimate (console+PC) will continue to cost 999. Taxes extra for all.

Rumours that sony has cut their prices after knowing xbox price.

After banning PUBG ..

And the ermergen of gaming community.. companies should focus more on India a f price accordingly

It is understandable to impose high custom duty on items which are computing with domestic companies, for which Indians companies are already manufacturing..

But computer electronic , gaming console are not manufactured in India.. there is no alternative domestic companies.. there should be no high custom duties on it..

The problem is that most of Indian babu don't understand this facts.. they think any thing imported must be a luxury..

There is difference in auto market and electronic market..

For auto we have many Indian companies.. so having custom duties on foreign auto understandable.. because we want to save our Indian companies ...

But this Indian babu's apply same logic to everything in world..

That is the reason of this scenario

Grey market and illegal imports will flourish in this pricing strategy...

Last edited:
Back