PlayStation Move Reviews incoming....

xXx

Skilled
At the end of the day, the PlayStation Move has the potential to be the best motion control system on the current crop of consoles; but unfortunately, the games offered at the moment just don't do the technology justice. If you're eager to buy into the system now, don't expect a whole lot of great content straight out of the gate, but with time and certain kinks ironed out, the Move could prove to be a great way to add new gameplay experiences to the PlayStation 3 and attract new, more casual players.

rr39fd.jpg
Source: PlayStation Move Review - Gear Review at IGN

More Reviews are on their way as PS Move launches on Sept 19 in US.

This is more of a PS Move game Review - PlayStation Move review: Sports Champions | Joystiq

More Reviews -
The Verdict

Issues with line-of-site and play distance aside, I can't help but declare PlayStation Move a resounding success as a piece of consumer technology and general way of interacting with games. Yes, it's the natural evolution of the Wii Remote, but it trumps Nintendo's creation in every respect, from its accuracy (even MotionPlus can't match it) to the quality of its vibration feedback.

The hardware's great, and I can see it being used in a multitude of really cool ways, but of course it's only as cool as the games that use it. I've mentioned Sports Champions and Tumble, two great games that make excellent showcases for Move's potential. But considering everything on offer, it's hard not to classify Move as anything more than a "cool toy" at launch. The best of Move is worth experiencing, but is it worthy of a day-one purchase – not to mention the full set of two controllers and a NavCon? No.

Fortunately, though, Sony actually seems to have a roadmap for Move that includes support for the hardware in its biggest titles – Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 to name a couple – as well as patches for existing games, both first- and third-party (RUSE works great with it, as do Heavy Rain and PSN's High Velocity Bowling).

I believe that, if you ask me in late 2010 or especially early 2011 whether I think Move is a must-have for PlayStation 3 owners, my answer will have changed to "Yes." Move doesn't seem like a passing fad, but as is often the case with new hardware, those games that tip you from "wait and see" to "purchase" just aren't there from the start.
Source: PlayStation Move review: The hardware and experience | Joystiq

--------------------------------------
Our final verdict is that Move is an interesting, compelling technology that has some launch day issues and most important, a weak catalog of games to support it on release. What Sony's got cooking at launch is enough to keep you entertained for minutes, no hours. Unless you are a big fan of motion controls and have been dying to have them on a console with more horsepower and in HD, you might want to sit tight and wait to see what happens with Move. Or at least, wait until there's a compelling game to make you try your hand at it.

Read more: Our final verdict is that Move is an interesting, compelling technology that has some launch day issues and most important, a weak catalog of games to support it on release. What Sony's got cooking at launch is enough to keep you entertained for minutes, no hours. Unless you are a big fan of motion controls and have been dying to have them on a console with more horsepower and in HD, you might want to sit tight and wait to see what happens with Move. Or at least, wait until there's a compelling game to make you try your hand at it.
Source: PlayStation Move Review - G4tv.com

IIRC KZ3 would feature the use of the Move but I wonder how tiring would it be for the player to hold the controllers that way and shoot! :p

Anyways, Move is miles ahead of the Kinect. Andy do you recall the E3 gameplay videos of the Kinect? :rofl:

Desecrator said:
IIRC KZ3 would feature the use of the Move but I wonder how tiring would it be for the player to hold the controllers that way and shoot! :p
It might be a lil tougher but i guess someone using move will be way more accurate than someone on six-axis/dualshock 3, maybe even comparable to the mouse? (correct me if i'm wrong).

Back