Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the box.

vriship

Adept
i had just won two auctions on ebay.com for 370$ each for brand new motorola photons...

had posted in the photon thread about this.

User green contacted me as he was interested.

so he made an interim payment and i went ahead and payed using paypal 370$.

so, the package reached ICC mumbai office on monday and i gave green's details to ICC for shipment.

He just received the package thru Bluedart and shockingly the handset is missing from it. :(:(

i immediately gave a call first to ICC, the shipment wasnt insured. :( and Rahela from ICC told me to contact the seller as he might be a fraud.

i called up the seller immediately he mentioned that the handset. was present when he had shipped the box and he told that we will continue this discussion on EMail further. so i have just mailed him regarding this.

have told green to post up pictures of the package.

waiting for a response from the seller after which will go ahead and file a paypal dispute.

can anything else be done regarding this?

EDIT 1: Green just informed me on phone that he had to collect the phone from DTDC. i dont know why, but i seriously am having a feeling that something might have gone wrong here. have asked green to pack the whole thing up and weigh the package.

UPS shows 2 lbs as the package weight...

Edit 2: There is a huge difference between the package size which green received as compared to one for which icc has charged me..

Package at ICC mumbai, 2203 volumetric weight which comes to 2.203kgs.. and the one which green has received 25x23x15/6000=1.4375kgs.. maybe someone just swapped the whole brown cardboard box while it was in transit from Mumbai to Tamil Nadu..

Edit 3: The weight difference thing can be held against ICC as they have mentioned 2203 as the volumetric weight and according to actual dimensions the volumetric weight of the package received by green is 1.4375kgs or 14375 gms. far less than 2203 mentioned in the ICC invoice. The other photon which came to me has been taken by a close family friend and he has taken the brown box with him. Have already told him to measure its package dimensions since, the other invoice has 2041 as volumetric weight mentioned.

Edit 4: The actual chronology of events is:

1. Green was interested in getting the photon.

2. He didn't have a pancard no. so he told he doesn't have a paypal with CC.

3. I told you can transfer the amount to me and I will pay on his behalf.

4. He transferred 14k first on 6/9/11 and then 5k on 12/9/11.

5. I paid from my paypal account after receiving 14k.

6. 12th - Monday the package reached mumbai, so iCC sent me invoice of the same, I updated shipping address of GReen to Tamil Nadu with ICC.

7. ICC forwarded the package to Tamil Nadu using Bluedart.

8. Bluedart was supposed to deliver the package to Green, but green told me that bludart doesn't have service in his area, so DTDC is the one who delivers as a thirdparty instead of bluedart.

9. Green went on 14th morning to DTDC office and the shipment had not arrived yet.

10. He again went in the evening and got the package. He opened it in front of the DTDC guy and found that the handset and the phone's backdoor was missing from the package.

Suspect 1: eBay.com seller: I thought he was genuine first, but as kuduku pointed out that i can call on their toll free nos. using Skype which i did so immediately on 14th evening. my main motive was to find out the package weight since it is not mentioned on the tracking website. The first UPS agent couldn't understand me properly, so she just informed me that no weight is mentioned in their systems and also connected me to an international agent who understood me far better. She informed me that the seller had mentioned that the package was marked to be containing documents by the seller. Upon this info i requested her if she could mail me this detail so i can have a evidence, so she told that they don't have any option of mailing in their systems. I disconnected the call after this. During this conversation i have mentioned to both the agents that i live in india and the address which you have in systems was a forwarding address to which they told me to contact the shipper who got the package from NY to India.

Suspect 2: ICC: Havent had a problem with them till now. Someone has pointed out, they are not transparent in customs n all. Maybe someone removed the package at NY or Mumbai..

Suspect 3: Bluedart/DTDC: if at all something has happened at DTDC's end, the original shipper i.e. Bluedart should be responsible for the same. DTDC is quite well known for Mobile phone thefts.

Green: If you find something missing, wrong or feel to add something, let me know.

Shocker 1: Just spoke to ICC vice-president Mr. Chandrashekhar He told me that ICC's insurance policy isn't applied as of now and i had to myself ask icc to insure it, if i wanted price protection. The huge BOMB which he threw on me was that he told me Courier company wouldn't refund the entire amount anyday, they would just reimburse a small amount( may be 3-4k) and he told me even if the package has been lost in Mumbai, i have to fight with the seller regarding this and get a refund from him through paypal if i want my money back. He told me to deny that we haven't used any forwarding service and package is still in NY. I was stumped that time. i told him that i have already agreed to that, but he was hell bent on convincing me not to mention about forwarding service. Now i am clueless what to do.

Shocker 2: ICC just mailed me back that 2203 gms was the actual weight of the package and not the volumetric weight. I immediately called and told her that according to 2203gms, around 1700gms of items were missing from the package. Now i am mailing ICC owner Sasha Revankar regarding all this and even mentioning about the vice-president's reply.

Edit 5: Went through some questioning session with ICC on Emails and have found out that: A. Since, i had not myself filled up the ICC PPO form regarding my package, they themselves generate a Unique ID no. and mail it to the recipient regarding the same. Out of all the packages i have received recently, even the pending ones which i received after after Green's phone was lost, the mail they sent me always mentioned that the package contained a mobile phone. i questioned ICC about this, since i didn't fill in the package details form and didn't specify the contents, how did your people come to know that there is a mobile phone in it ( I was expecting an answer that they open the package and check for its contents), but the ICC executive Rahela, promptly replied to my query that all the PPO packages are scanned using a machine for security reasons and thats how they came to know that my packages contained a mobile. Now the phone which was supposed to go to green also had been scanned and i have heir mail which mentions that it contains a mobile phone. Maybe the seller was genuine after all.

Edit 6: Have filed a complaint with ICICI bank credit cards department regarding the same and they have asked me to get a written complaint request form faxed to their specified no. which should be signed by the credit card owner ( I use my uncle's CC in my PayPal account since i don't have one.) Have asked my uncle to send me a complaint letter and will fax it to them in a day or two. They have already taken down the complaint on phone and given a 91 days :huh: timeline for its resolution. :(

Edit 7: (19/9/11)

here is what i have got from paypal..

PayPal said:
In order to continue this investigation, a police report must be filed with

your local law enforcement agency and a copy of the report must be faxed to

PayPal.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760 (please note this

is a United States phone number, if you are faxing from outside the United

States, you will generally need to dial 00 1 before the number). Please

include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address

registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim

(PP-001-468-961-713), so we may attach the documents to your claim as

quickly as possible.

Contact your local police department and obtain a police/incident report.

Please ensure we receive your fax documentation within the next ten days.

This report should be on the law enforcement agency’s letterhead or stamped

police documentation and clearly explain the details of your issue. This

documentation must include the department/officer’s contact information,

the reporting officer's name, badge number and signature.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We regret any inconvenience

this request may cause.

Sincerely,

Tim

Protection Services Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

I am communicating the same to Green

Edit 8: (20/9/11) Just faxed a written complaint to ICICI bank CC division regarding the transaction..

Edit 9: ICC has agreed to give 7,500Rs/- credit in my PPO account as a reimbursement. tried a lot to push them further, but didnt succeed.. Have communicated the same to green. Even Paypal gave away the claim in seller's favour as F.I.R was not produced/sent to them.

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

You used ICC PPO service ?

What was the package weight , seller must have used USPS it would be written on USPS site

Check the service seller has used of USPS

Re: Please help. bought a photon from ebay.com and the handset is missing from the bo

Seller used UPS not USPS. the tracking page doesnt show the weight...

here is the tracking page.

edit: by mistake, the page i have entered above is for the other phone the one which went to green is this : 1Z2365623500159316

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/detail#

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the iCC PPO invoice which i got shows weight as 1lbs

damn !!!

dscn1474c.jpg

dscn1475x.jpg

dscn1476g.jpg

dscn1477.jpg

everything expect the phone.
plz help .. i dont have any weighing machine so should go outside and take it.

gREen said:
dscn1474c.jpg

dscn1475x.jpg

dscn1476g.jpg

dscn1477.jpg

everything expect the phone.

plz help .. i dont have any weighing machine so should go outside and take it.

you can go to a local grocery store and do it...

can't see pictures bro.. :(

will try my level best to get you out of this

@vriship : That 1 lb is the weight you entered when filling up the package alert form at their website. The actual weight is given below which is 2203 grams or 4.8 lbs. This might be the volumetric weight as well.

varkey said:
@vriship : That 1 lb is the weight you entered when filling up the package alert form at their website. The actual weight is given below which is 2203 grams or 4.8 lbs.

No, bro i had not filled the details, did not fill the package details as they themselves make a package no. and send a mail once it is received in NY warehouse..

2203grams is the volumetric weight.. its mentioned since they calculate shipping charges based on volumetric weight...

the package weight is just 495 GMS Green just conveyed it on phone...

it is 495grams only, with everything that came with the box.

ya!! 495 gms with everything..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

varkey said:
@vriship : That 1 lb is the weight you entered when filling up the package alert form at their website. The actual weight is given below which is 2203 grams or 4.8 lbs. This might be the volumetric weight as well.

should i go ahead and file a paypal dispute or wait for the seller's response??????

is there anyway to find who is using the phone right now by using IMEI or any means...

have no clue about that.. maybe someone else can throw light on that..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vriship said:
Seller used UPS not USPS. the tracking page doesnt show the weight...

here is the tracking page.

edit: by mistake, the page i have entered above is for the other phone the one which went to green is this : 1Z2365623500159316

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/detail#

the iCC PPO invoice which i got shows weight as 1lbs

damn !!!

maybe the seller didn't ship the phone atall. as the icc invoice mentions Package weight (lbs.) as 1 i.e. around the measured weight...

its only 495grams... i asked the dtdc guys and he know or acts as nothing..

what happened is,

i call the bluedart salem today mornig and asked about the status, she said that i was in krishnagiri. and no bluedart in krishnagiri.

so went to DTDC, cause i received my last PS3 move starter bundle from dtdc by letsbuy(shipped by bluedart)

the guy said that they didnt receive the bluedart shipping and will get get it by 11'o clock,

but i have to go to dharmapuri(for work) by 10'o clock..

just by the evening i went and received it, but someone took off the phone and everything else there.

sir, its 1lbs,,, so its 500gms,,,

is the seller a fraud???

is the seller a fraud???

gREen said:

is the seller a fraud???

maybe.. totally confused right now.. will wait for ICC to reply, by the time filing a paypal dispute..

should i mention that the package was forwarded to india using a package forwarding service? would mentioning that i have used a forwarding service cause any problems?

^^ did you get any response from the seller or the ICC...

did he Email'd

i had called him first.. told him that the phone was missing, he told lets talk thru mails. have mailed him thrice, hasnt responded yet. icc have contacted bluedart for the same. they will let me know by tomm afternoon around 3 pm.

waiting for ICC's response before filing paypal dispute...

man this has become a total mess....

if the seller a fraud, can we reclaim the money through paypal ah??

i had called him first.. told him that the phone was missing, he told lets talk thru mails. have mailed him thrice, hasnt responded yet. icc have contacted bluedart for the same. they will let me know by tomm afternoon around 3 pm.

waiting for ICC's response before filing paypal dispute...

ya. paypal has a resolution feature. i will file a dispute tomm afternoon after speaking to ICC

can someone please guide me whether i should mention that the package for forwarded to india by a thirdparty

Back