Video Please help : just bought a new external monitor

piyush_888

Disciple
Hi,
I just bought a new external monitor, Samsung B2230, its aq 21.5 " LCD Monitor. I connected it to my laptop thorugh VGA, it automatically detected and the display came on the screen, that too full HD resolution, so far so good.
The problem is at that resolution the window edges on the screen are a bit shaky for some reason. not at 720 or lower resolution. Can anyone help??

piyush_888 said:
Hi,
I just bought a new external monitor, Samsung B2230, its aq 21.5 " LCD Monitor. I connected it to my laptop thorugh VGA, it automatically detected and the display came on the screen, that too full HD resolution, so far so good.
The problem is at that resolution the window edges on the screen are a bit shaky for some reason. not at 720 or lower resolution. Can anyone help??

what aspect ratio is ur lappy monitor and wht res. is it set at?

and i didnt understand ur post completely please elaborate

Have you tried pressing that auto resize button on LCD. And also try to use DVI port, if your laptop have that.

(one more thing, don't keep LCD too near the laptop, sometimes because of this also, image appears shaky, its just like keeping a UPS near a LCD)

when the external is connected, the resolution is automatically set to 1920x1080. But the screen is shaky at that resolution. I took the laptop as far as the cable streched, still no good. Any other suggestions. The worst part is that the display was fine for about an hour. What could the problem be then?

check to see that does your lap have hdmi or DVI/displayport out. VGA out is basically a low res: output display for just basic video presentations..also adjust settings under your lap display properties (under video>external) for optimal setings !for detailed help plz post your lap model/part no:

Back