CPU/Mobo Please help me out last question for this season, hope so about system starting witho

Shanpav12

Disciple
I have yet another problem forget to ask earlier , thought might me temporarily happening so afraid to ask so many questions at a time earlier.But now suspicious and worried.MY system starts suddenly by pushing the UPS button on, without even touching the Power button on the CPU, It starts for a second or two and than shut offs ,than I press the ON button and it starts normaly,why this happens please help,I know that I have already asked many questions,now help me again.Here the earlier mechanic told it happens sometimes when using and UPS.I know this is not the case.

Re: Please help me out last question for this season, hope so about system starting w

What do you mean turns on?
Do the fans/hard drives start spinning? Does something get displayed on your monitor?

What are the specs of your system?

Re: Please help me out last question for this season, hope so about system starting w

Probably a mismatch between the cabinet wiring and the motherboard power headers. A friend of mine had the same issue and this was the reason. Check the manual.

And always use proper topic titles, it makes you look less stupid and actually might attract relevant users to help sort out your problems.

explain the symptoms properly, what do u mean by 2 sec power on... what all comes on... what do u see in display?? any beeps heard etc.

I mean to say that the cabinets switch on lights glow with the cpu fan running for about 2 seconds and thats it nothing on the screen ,offcourse I don't wanted to talk stupid but I thought that telling the cabinet switch on ring (like in xbox 360 switch on green ring) mine blue for PC glows, thought will tell the whole story ,forget that I have to be more tech specific , sorry OK

1> the CPU Switch on lights glows with the DVD Burner light

and the CPU Fans runs all for 2 seconds no monitor screen doesnt on's my the CPU inside lok might help to see which plug might me wrong set or lose http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/Abhishek15/PCHardware/Picture011.jpg?t=1285083780

Thanks by the way

first check what Damn has suggested i.e whether the connection b/w mobo power/restart connectors with your pc case.
If that is fine do check start/restart button of your case. may be the button is broken inside or malfunctioning.

Do you have an Intel motherboard?

The CPU fan spinning for few seconds after power from mains/walls socket is turned ON is a common thing iirc.

Hello :)

i agree with pegasus

Please mount your motherboard properly too :) i an see no screws and possible no headers in a few places.. That can cause your system to short out at times.

Also please do try with another psu if you can. i think this issue is related to the psu and its sending power when it sees power from the mains. some old psu's do this.

Do let us know how this turns out :)

cheers !

Back