Camera Please Help ! Need a Camera... Quite Specific Requirements !

So here goes.... i'm headed to Barcelona to cover the Mobile World Congress in February.

Now the problem is.. i have some okayish cameras n all which i currently use here for reviews but i need a good camera for the event.

Requirements

1. Very Portable

2. Excellent battery life... think 300shots +

3. GPS ( I love geo-tagging images :p )

4. Macro Mode is very important

5. 10x zoom (this should suffice , additional is okay though)

Price range... upto 25k or so all inclusive

I really want this camera -->

Amazon.com: Casio EX-H20GBK Hybrid-GPS Enabled 14 MP Digital Camera with 10x Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black): Camera & Photo

But i can't find it anywhere in India :( If you can help me locate it... it would be AWESOME!

Else , i need substitutes.. i know there is the TZ10 , but i've heard the battery life is shit and GPS locks take quite a bit of time.

Will be buying around mid-Jan to end of Jan.

Thanks a lot guys :)

GPS and battery life rarely go hand in hand. Anyway, the other cams that fit your requirement fully are the TZ10 and the Sony HX5V. I'm sure the Sony will be easily available. Check it out.

Pretty much settled on the Lumix TZ10.. the image quality is spectacular and the macros are great.

Anybody with experience using it ? Also any idea of the cost of extra batteries ?

I do have the TZ10 - recently bought (from the US), so I have not had much time to play with it until now. Have probably taken about 40 to 50 photos max. From my short personal experience, the image quality is nothing short of excellent. Haven't tried the GPS yet. My sis-in-law used it in the US for a week, and she reported GPS locking to take a couple of minutes at the most. She was able to take near about 250 pics and some 10 short 720p video clips with a single charge.

I also got a spare battery from the US for about 24$. A word of caution - buy only an authentic Panasonic battery. The cams which come with the latest firmware do not accept unauthentic batteries.

Yea , i've heard of that.. will be getting an original Panny battery.

250 pics sounds about okay.. two batteries should make it atleast 400 shots per day.. lol , i take a LOT of pics :D

Got Flickr or sthn so that i can check out the image quality again ? I know it is really good...

Back