Please Help! Not getting full speed on torrent (Hathway Broadband). Tried everything

Hello guys

i am getting just half of the maximum download speed (7 kb/s out of 15-16 kb/s) on torrent (while its full 15-16 kb/s when i download from sites or even on limewire) on my hathway broadband connection (128 Kbps). i have tried using different torrent clients, namely azureus, utorrent, bitcomet.

i have tried torrents with maximum seeders and peers.

i have tried forwarding ports on my firewall (have tried all firewalls, namely, zone alarm, avg, windows own firewall) .

i have even tried it even after deactivating firewall.

i googled it and found on internet that some ISP's block port forwarding on routers. i talked to hathway people, they say that they have not blocked ports on router(they use cisco routers).

does anybody have some idea? is it the hathway people or some error in my configuration ?

Please help me !

regards

i also have hathway and have the same problem with torrents

but when i download from private trakers that have good seed-peer ratio i get my full speed of 29-30kbps, but generally its much lower like 10kbps on other tracker with a bad s-p ratio

and about ports, i use azureus and it always says that thers a NAT problem.

the dnld speed depends on many factors one major one being seeders to leechers ratio...on private trackers usually its very high..probably more than 10...so the speeds are usually very high...but on public trackers the ratio is usually less than 1...sometimes maybe more than 1...but in such cases, more often than not there are too many leechers n seeders...(probably in hundreds or thousands - again if you compare the ratio it'd not be more than 1-2)....

i'm also a hathway user ( 512kbps) ..for me also the same case...55-62KBps from private trackers and 1-20 on public ones....

These hathway guys might also be shaping the traffic...who knows...

Back