Graphic Cards Please help on deciding graphics card!!

das_vicky

Disciple
Hello all,

I have been arranginr components for my new rig. I had a budget for 70-80k, but (fortunately/unfortunately) it went past 90k.

Everything is done but for one of the most important component...Graphics.

I want heavy gaming stuff. Initial plans was to get 8800 GTS and then upgrade 2-3 months after newer cards are out. Then came 2900 PRO and thought to go for it instead of GTS.

I am not sure when the newer cards will be out(more importantly their price) and how much better they would be from GTX. One more concern is that if I buy 8800 GTX now(and forget upgrading for 6 months), isint there a risk that latest games come in DX10.1 and with GTX i cant play those.

So I am the most confused person regarding which card to go for. So I seek expert help from you all. I have time till Monday to decide . So help me please!!!

Get the XFX 8600GT as a stop over....got it today for a pal for 6.3k ...decent pakage , awsomely priced.
Edit : u also get a original Lost Planet game cd along :D

^i agree,

the new line of nvidia graphic cards shud hit the market by thanks giving time.

so buy a temporary cheap graphic card untill the 9series come out.

wait till november and get the aTi RV670.....seems to be better OR the 8800GT whichever pleases you more

the 8800GTS 320 MB has been given a EOL (End Of Life) its gonna be replaced by the 8800GT

also if u want more horsepower than the 8800GT ..........get the 8800GTS 640MB which is gonna be relaunched with 112 shaders compared to the current 96

i recommend get the 98xx when it will get launched it will be worth the three month wait if u wanna go really high end

I too need a gfx card for my system, Please tell me .. is XFX 8600 GT a good card ? will it run all the latest games?

My budget is 7k .. if not 8600gt .. then please recommend me a good gfx card.

TIA :)

8600GT is a mid range card, it will be able to run all games but not as nicely as 8800gts for obvious reasons... but for casual gaming 8600gt is great.

btw u shud always open new threads for questions.

Back