Audio Please Help!! Sennheiser OR Bose(supra-aural)

Hi guys..

Since i prefer using speakers so never bought a good headphone, but now i have to use headphone most of the time...so finally decided to make a one time investment in a good quality headphone, budget is approx 10k(prefered) but can go upto 12-13k if something much better can be found...first priority is Music >> Movies >> games..although i watch movies most of the time OR play games, but i can't compromise with Music quality...please note that i wear glasses so can't go for around the ear solutions. Also Noise cancellation is not that important..
from internet i can find that Bose OE OR sennheiser HD 25-1 cud be the choice..Just now i called sennheiser dealer here in chennai but he said that they hv lost the catalog:mad: , but i assume that sennheiser HP will be pretty costly in india(200$ US price), but Bose OE are approximately the same price 8.4k(180$)..so i think bose cud be better choice in india..
Please suggest which one to go for..also if anyone can give me the price of sennheiser HD-25 1..other product's suggestions are also welcome..

Thanks

Bose headphones are not worth the price they sell for most of the time. A colleague bought these Bose HP for $140

Newegg.com - Bose® Around-Ear Headphones

I tried them on and they sounded worse than my $57 Sennheiser HD485. Bose does have good products, but all their products are sold at pretty high prices. You will have to pay atleast 2~3 times more for bose products compared to similar sounding sennheiser ones.

But earcups must be interfering with glasses, also is HD 595 better VFM then Bose OE's(for the price difference of 4k) and for HD 555 the lowest price i can find is 6.4k, so i'm assuming that bose OE are better(price difference of 80$ in amazon)..can't really find a comparison b'w these on net
Crazy_Eddy said:
I wear glasses too and have no issues using a HD555.

foruamit2004 said:
But earcups must be interfering with glasses, also is HD 595 better VFM then Bose OE's(for the price difference of 4k) and for HD 555 the lowest price i can find is 6.4k, so i'm assuming that bose OE are better(price difference of 80$ in amazon)..can't really find a comparison b'w these on net

As I said Bose products are costly, dont try to judge quality by price. A $100 Sennheiser product would have roughly the same/better quality as a $250~300 bose product (most of the time).

k..so i'll try to check for HD 595, HD555 And HD-25 through local dealers...

so which will be a better buy..

HD 555 @ 6.5k
HD 595 @ 12-13k
HD 25 1 (not known, but i wud prefer these since they are supra-aural)

Lord Nemesis said:
Bose headphones are not worth the price they sell for most of the time. A c.......

foruamit2004 said:

You will not see any comparison because most audiophiles wont use a BOSE product, let alone review it, :bleh:

Also dont worry about your glasses, most of us have them and do not find any problem using the full cup senn's

hi...thanks for the great response... just called up the dealer...he quoted 11.5k for HD 595 and 6.5k for HD 555...going by the technical specs they both have impedance of 50 Ohm..so which will be more better, also i'm not planning for an amplifier in near future..

I'm still in dilemma..which one to buy HD555 OR HD 595:p .. but surly 'll go to that shop on saturday... most probably i'll buy HD595..still hv two days to decide..:D

Back