Please help the family - And spread the word

Din

Disciple
First - This is not a spam. I personally verified the news before posting it here and I found it true.

I request all TechEnclave members to get united in this matter and help the family. It is our duty and commitment towards the society. Please do not ignore. Please send an email to all your friends, please post this website and details in forums, please talk to your friends and family about this. Everything matters.

Please visit the website - http://www.helpthefamily.org

March 1, 2008. Ajith, a young man who was working in a BPO firm in Chennai, Tmail Nadu was on the way back to home after his work. It was his salary day and he was happy but the same day turned to be the worst day in his life. He was hit by a speeding vehicle and thrown to the dark side of the road, he became unconscious and nobody noticed him. Some of his co-workers who came after the work heard some sound near the roadside and shocked to see him in a pool of blood. They took him and rushed to the nearest hospital and then to another super specialty hospital. Three days he fought for his life but on March 4th he surrendered to death.

According to Ajith's family - The hospital bill was really high, which came to Indian Rupees 3 Lakhs (USD $7,500) . The BPO company in which Ajith was working, paid Indian Rupees 1 Lakh (USD $2,500) to release his body from hospital. The hospital authorities asked the relatives to sign a lot of papers which were in English. They signed in all papers without knowing what they are (as they were in shocked state plus they were not good in English). Later they came to know one of the form was for eye donation as they saw eyes were removed from Ajith's body. They are still not sure what the other forms were.

The whole incident was a big shock for the entire family and they didn't recover form it yet. They were running a small tea shop which is closed after his death. He was the only earning member in his family. All their dreams are shattered with the fatal accident which took their loving family member away from them - for ever.

We believe it is our duty to extend our support to the family. Ajith was just like every one of us. Young, talented, happy and having a lot of dreams about his future. We request every visitor of this website to give support and donate to the family. Even a small amount will make a difference in their life. That is the least thing we can do.

Edited on April 13 2008.

Any one want to verify the incident / related matters, please pm me, I can provide the following.

Name, address, exact location, phone number - of the family members.

Copies of - death certificate, death certificate number (from Police station), eyes and blood sample donation consent, medical reports from hospital.

Bank account details with phone numbers of the bank.

Why should we trust the poster or anything on the website? Give us something credible. Personally I hate posts like these. The only reason I am not lashing out is that it would be offending to the family in the very very rare case that it is real.

:)

I was keeping an eye on this thread to see how people would respond.

@Din: The majority of the human race is skeptic. Maybe it's the million different mails in our inboxes asking us to send Nigerian families our bank account details or the various ways to enlarge our "assets" or the fact that all of us have won some million $$ lottery somewhere...or maybe it's the simple fact that the internet as a medium is the most difficult one to trust, ever.

Why? The reason is anonymity and the way everyone exploits it every single moment on the web.

So, as hammerhead has said: This just just might be true. But the chances are in a billion other hoaxes.

Having said that, I'd go out on a limb and ask digital_brain, hmasalia and the others who've called this a scam at first sight itself...to please post reasons as to why. Just to understand, how we go about judging. :)

Of course, you can ignore everything that I've typed, because you don't really exist. :)

Payne

PS: I think it's spam too. But I don't mind calling that number up and wasting my money for kicks. Like the day I rang up one of the many many numbers around Mumbai proclaiming to sell "Beanbags" :D

1. the number could be faked too. sol ong as u need to scam pp for money, u can always get 2-3 ppl to answer phone :p in case that didnt tell u anything, my first reaction is scam too :D

2. any chance anyone in chennai is willin to expose this? now that would be the most accurate test. anyone living in/near that area?

OK, I was expecting replies like this. Here is a long post.

First - how to verify - Unfortunately there are not many options. The family was / is very poor and I do not think any newspaper carried the information. Only way is, I guess there will be someone from Chennai, please meet the family and please post your experience. That way we can help a noble effort.

Second thing - Yes, it sounds like a spam. Again, unfortunately, there are hundreds of emails we get every day. Asking for help, asking us to forward it to other people. When people see this site and think it is just another spam, yes, can't blame them.

Let me explain it more.

The family is basically from Kerala, they settled in Chennai long back. They run a very small tea shop there. The person who died (Ajith) was the only earning member in that family. They are in a very pathetic situation right now. There are not much people to support them. The only help they got from was that of BPO company and Ajith's friends - which almost fully gone to pay the hospital bill. Again, unless otherwise a reliable member from this forum whos in Chennai go there and enquire, others may not believe this. I humbly request anyone to do so, I am from Kerala and not in a position to travel right now.

Why I am interested in this matter ?

I hate spam and scam just like any other in the world. I post in forums very rarely. I joined here two years back (April / May 2006 I think) but I never participated actively. I never promoted spam / scam / illegal activities anywhere too. I know all these will not help proving the incident true, but thought I will mention. Coming back to the question, there are some controversies already (hint - hospital) regarding the incident. You will get it form google. But that part is not mentioned in the website - you very well know the reasons. I came to know this incident form a very reliable source and I am really sorry I can't reveal it. Call me spammer, scammer, it will not hurt me, I am just trying to help them.

After knowing the incident, I wanted to verify it. I got the address and phone number. I talked to the family three times. I found it is true. I asked them whether any association / NGO etc helped them in any manner, they said no. I thought I will do some help by my own plus spreading the news.

I posted this here to start a discussion like how we can help them. but it seems all treat it like (again, no complaints) a spam. I am not sure what to do, but I request you again, please try to help them. If you can't do any financial help, no problems. Please extend the moral support. As I said before, anyone in Chennai, please go there, meet them, talk to them. You know, it really makes a difference.

Even if you close this thread, even if you fill the replies with the words 'SPAM', I will continue my effort. I consider Ajith as one of my friends whom I never met in my life but who was just like every one of us.

I am ready to reply whatever questions you ask - I will reply based on the information I have. and I am not going to disappear after the first post. I am planning to meet some newspaper people here in Kerala, but I am not sure how it will go, like incident in Chennai.

I will keep you updated.

Your's

Spammer Friend.

@d_payne

Re-reading your post.

If you know Tamil / Malayalam, please I request you to make a call, as you were willing. I am not sure whether they understand Enligh /other languages (I talked to them in Malayalam) but please try.

Just talk to Ajith's mother or father. But please do not hurt them, it is a humble request. It has been only one month and they are really sad.

@kippu

The whole name, address, phone number - everything is there in the website. If you are in Chennai, please make a visit. If you can, please make a call.

Regarding BPO. Please, I can't reveal it.

Reasons

1. After googling, you might have recieved the controversies which are related to this incident. The BPO company never want to get involved in that. And I respect their privacy and related matters. I hope you got what I meant.

2. The BPO was the main helping agency when Ajith was in hospital, atleast they paid the major part of the bill. It is not nice to give details of them as they do not want it to be revealed.

yea ...everyone has their sad stories..some even worse than this ...good luck DIN ...i might just go help the lunatic lady at the corner of my street

@sTALKEr

Yes, 100% agree with you.

What I am trying to do is, help at least one among the million you mentioned. We may not be able to wipe out the tears of every poor / sad people. But I think if we help at least a single person, that is a good thing.

Please feel free to post and disagree. No problems.

@kippu

Thank you. That is really nice of you. I mean help someone you can. If all of us decide like that, it will really make a difference. There are millions of people around us and yes, thousands of stories like this. Help someone in our life and I think it is a good thing.

Din , as i have known you over the days i am sure you are not one of the bad guys out there.

i fully trust you and support your gesture :clap:

being from medical fraternity i really know how difficult if for the family to digest the shock.

i have neither googled the controversy nor researched.

i will review the link in detail and try to help out as i can.

here in surat what i have seen is such cases get a lot of support from nearby people be it family / distant family / friends / neighbours / big money people and every one raises a ruppee and tries to help the family.

this effort deserves praise if you cant give it please dont criticise it unless and untill its proven spam / scam.

@medpal

Finally someone to support you ! Thanks a million.

medpal know me for 3-4 yrs and I am glad hes here in TechEnclave.

Please go through it once you get time and please suggest what are all other things we can do ok ?

Thanks a lot again - for the support in this matter.

Back