Please recommend a good notebook.

soulz

Recruit
Hi,

My dad wants to buy a notebook for his business work. He works as a consultant and has to travel to different cities for field work.

He'll be using the notebook for writing up reports, articles etc. Ofcourse, good video & audio playback capability would be a definite plus.

What's your Budget?
upto to 50K

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Windows Office: Word, PowerPoint
SPSS, Tally
Internet
Additionally, watching Videos, Music, the regular stuff.
What size and weight considerations do you have?
The lighter the better since he'll be travelling to different cities for field work.
So should definitely be light and compact and easy to carry around.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Prefer any brand that has gauranteed good after-service with a wide network of service centers in different cities. This is a definite must.

Any other considerations?
# Prefer Windows 7 (if a Windows 7 notebook is significantly expensive than a xp, linux or other non-windows versions, then would prefer the latter since I can just install Windows 7 for him instead)
# Prefer Intel® Core™ i series processors Core i5 & ofcourse Core i7 if within budget (even Core i3 if no significant drop in performance)
# Good battery life is a definite must, since he'll have to work from the road on trains or planes etc.
# Durability is important too. He's the type of person who won't take real good care of the product and is messy. Have been using an HP for around an year and the paint and the keyboard keys are already wearing off. So the notebook should be sturdy and durable.

# Speed (Quick bootup & processing speed etc) is definitely important.
# Good visibility in sunlight.
# HD (Videos etc) playing capability would be a plus if within the budget.So would be a good graphic card.

Go for the Dell vostro 3300 or 3400 series depending on what screen size you prefer. vostro 3300 has a 13.3 inch screen and weighs less than 2kg :cool2: and the vostro 3400 has a 14 inch screen.Both the models have i5 processors and the integrated intel Hd graphics can play HD videos and you can also configure it with Nvidia 310m graphics card.These laptops also get next business day professional
support as they come under Dell business laptops:eek:hyeah:
Also,they look awesome in their copper or silver finish.so,just configure these laptops to your exact requirements and price range:)
Here are the relevant links:

Vostro 3300 Laptop Details | Dell India

Vostro 3400 Laptop Details | Dell India

Vostro v3300 isn't available in India, its listed but unavailable. The v3400 has heating issues.

Hey thanks for the reply, RS4. But what do you think about sunny27's reply?

You raised valid counterpoints Sunny27. That's why I love forums. Thanks.^^ Got any suggestions btw?

sunny27 said:
Vostro v3300 isn't available in India, its listed but unavailable. The v3400 has heating issues.
Its bad on the Dell's part to list a product and not sell it. Dont know why they are not keen on selling 13 inch laptops which is evident from their lineup as studio xps 13 is discontinued and now this:no: hey sunny are there any lightweight optimus laptops in India in this range? i think an nvidia optimus based laptop will be perfect for the soulz requirements.

Soulz can also have a look on vaio EA23 which has an i3 processor+Ati 5145 graphics card and is available in slim and light package of 14 inch with killer looks included at 43k MRP, though you can get it for 42k or less at stores.Here is the product link:

VPCEA23EN : E Series : VAIO

Back