PC Peripherals please recommend speakers n sound card

Sound card : HDA X-Mystique.

For speakers, get a set assembled. In 35K, u can get a decent receiver + decent HT setup. If you must want branded speakers, go for Z-5500.

abay yar yeh to importing ka panga ho gaya, how is this supposed to work ?

i nvr done ne thing like this b4 ... how it works

+ how will warrenty work

KingKrool said:
Well, didn't Onkyo setup shop in India?
Some of their stuff might be in his range.
And what an amazing range that is.
The good onkyo stuff is 60K+. In 30K, u'll get a so so onkyo setup.

For 30K, u should get the Sonodyne Genie set(an indian company). They are really good for what they cost. Sonodyne also makes a decent reciever. Together, the spks and recivers should cost <40K ( not sure of this).
As for the sound card, if you'll be playing a lot of games, go for the x-mystique. But if this system is for music and movies, go for the chaintech av-710.

For more info, try the hifi-forum.

Links:

Hifi Forum

Sonodyne

Chaintech @ Newegg

zhopudey said:
For 30K, u should get the Sonodyne Genie set(an indian company). They are really good for what they cost. Sonodyne also makes a decent reciever. Together, the spks and recivers should cost <40K ( not sure of this).
As for the sound card, if you'll be playing a lot of games, go for the x-mystique. But if this system is for music and movies, go for the chaintech av-710.

For more info, try the hifi-forum.

Links:

Hifi Forum

Sonodyne

Chaintech @ Newegg

Well the x-mystique is better than the chaintech for movies/music as well ;) Better dacs, user replaceable op-amps what more do u want :D.

What i want is the $76 that i save on the chaintech :eek:hyeah:

And i said chaintech for movies - so he could use spdif out. So DAC quality is irrelevant.

zhopudey said:
What i want is the $76 that i save on the chaintech :eek:hyeah:

And i said chaintech for movies - so he could use spdif out. So DAC quality is irrelevant.
True... but the opamps still matter ;). He's not budget constrained anyway :)

If you want a nice card outputting DTS, Dolby digital etc, get a M audio Revo 5.1 , cheap card for just $75, and those speakers mentioned above. Kickass setup, period.

amol0010 said:
If you want a nice card outputting DTS, Dolby digital etc, get a M audio Revo 5.1 , cheap card for just $75, and those speakers mentioned above. Kickass setup, period.
Its a nice card.... having the Envy 24GT instead of HT. The GT has hardware acceleration for games unlike the 7.1 version. However no DD Encoding... so no 5.1 in games.... u'll only get stereo.

The old DMX fire had 20 channel hardware mixing , the envy24 precisely, not hardware 3d acceleration. It's very useful in certain audio applications.

hardware 3d acceleration needs 48 khz sample rate to be fixed,the gaming and AC97 standard, at the sacrifice of losing 44.1 native sample rate.

amol0010 said:
The old DMX fire had 20 channel hardware mixing , the envy24 precisely, not hardware 3d acceleration. It's very useful in certain audio applications.

hardware 3d acceleration needs 48 khz sample rate to be fixed,the gaming and AC97 standard, at the sacrifice of losing 44.1 native sample rate.
Thanks for the clarification ;). The DMX 6fire was a killer card though... Wonder if we can still get one off ebay :p

hmm, looks like not many store stock this card anymore, a version of this card without the breakout box was avaialble for a while for real cheap earlier, $100, called the DMX fire LT.

if u need the monster cables for audio let me know.
i got digital coax & optical both. had got them from usa.

i can use cause the control pod is too far away from the tv/dvdplayer.

Back