Please review my Website (art work)

Hello,

Just to let you know I design website and its something which I developed as hobby. As time passed by and the project grew we have more creative members.

I just finished on a Automobile Showroom website for Mahindra, please post your views on the artwork, layout and contend of the website. Its nearly 95% done and up for deployment.

G3 Motors Pvt | Mahindra Dealership | Logan | Scorpio | Mumbai | (Coming soon page)
G3 Motors Pvt | Mahindra Dealership | Logan | Scorpio | Mumbai | (Internal link)

( Check the accessories section too ;))

I will share my other works, but I wanted a feedback on this particular cause it was made using more advance techniques to render the page. And of course taste different than most Indian websites.

After you finish browsing though all pages remember to check our developer page :p HERE

First good thing is it doesnt have any flash content :). Im sick and tired of visiting flash heavy content in our bandwidth rationed country. And its our own Indian sites which use it that way. I have no clue why.

It looks light weight but still very rich in visual appeal. And one more good thing I noticed is, you dont seem to have used a heavyweight CMS for this mostly static site (well, its not a web app kind of site, thats what I meant).

One thing I dont like is, people using free emails in business sites. It just doesnt look professional. Ask your client(or rahter setup) to use gmails forwarding service instead. you can use info@ g3motors and internally make it deliver to gmail. Its pretty easy and looks professional. internally you can just be using gmail itself.

The map has satellite imagery, a bit heavy for some users. It feels good if everything loads up in few seconds rather than 20+ seconds for some parts to load up.

Other than the above 2 things, its just rocks.

PS: one more thing, in the feedback page its "Give as your Feed Back !" I think it should be 'us' not 'as'

random2 said:
One thing I dont like is, people using free emails in business sites. It just doesnt look professional. Ask your client(or rahter setup) to use gmails forwarding service instead. you can use info@ g3motors and internally make it deliver to gmail. Its pretty easy and looks professional. internally you can just be using gmail itself.

The map has satellite imagery, a bit heavy for some users. It feels good if everything loads up in few seconds rather than 20+ seconds for some parts to load up.

Other than the above 2 things, its just rocks.

PS: one more thing, in the feedback page its "Give as your Feed Back !" I think it should be 'us' not 'as'

Thanks thats the kinda review I was waiting for. I wanted to know my strong and my week points to improve on it ;)

1. About Gmail being used its temp, its somthing they had before. I am already done config new emails just need to talk to them for minor approvals.

2. Yes map is kinda heavy for some and I tried my best to optimize the site to the best. No image crosses 20KB. But I felt the map was somthing essential and would standout, google maps are quick to load just sometimes it takes time.

3. Thanks for pointing out the grammatical mistake will fix it right away.

ultra vires said:
Nice :)

But does that white go with Mahindra's image ?? wasn't mahindra more of red ?

Yes, thats y red was used where ever possible. If we would have used red instead of white then the site would not look fresh and appealing (Most clustered). I mean whats more important to keep the brand or to make the site look better.

I just tried to balance it out, hope its balanced.

Edit: Ops double post.

how about just taking the satellite image off. making just the map visible without the satellite imagery. Im not able to remember the option but it can be done.

random2 said:
how about just taking the satellite image off. making just the map visible without the satellite imagery. Im not able to remember the option but it can be done.

Yes its not so difficult its Google API. But the normal version of the map does not actually help locate this place. And the overlaption blue road was done by me to make it easy to navigate. Altho I think even this in itself is too much what the client already expected.

I will work on your suggestion let me try both and then deploy.

really goood ..site..ive always been a fan of u and u r work ...since the dc days ..yaar..

the site is looking really professional ..and far better than most of the indian sites. yeah only the satellite image is taking time to load ..otherwise everything looks perfect..

by the way where did u learn all this work ??.learnt it by urself as a hobby or was it a part of ur educational course(engg.)?

cause even i am very much interested in web designing ..

Back