Please suggest 2.1 speakers

Hi everyone,

I would like to buy a decent 2.1 speaker setup. My specifications are as follows :

• Sub-woofer must be of atleast 120W RMS.
  • Bass must be so heavy so heavy that my window cracks. I can compromise on vocals, treble etc but bass must be damn heavy, floor must vibrate. :p
  • Should be stylish.
  • Budget : 5k, can extend by 2k or more.
  • Wouldn't mind at all buying second hand top notch condition piece.
Please don't suggest Altec Lansing Mx6021 and Logitech Z630 because I loved Altec Lansing Mx5021 and Logitech Z2300 but there successors are pure shit.

Again, I am reminding, I want veryyyyyyyy heavy basssssssssss. :p

Awaiting nice options from audiophiles.

Not aware of Z630 model but your requirement suggests that you may need THX certified speakers and its worth checking Logitech Z623 Speakers as its one of the models having enough RMS power and come close to your budget. One more option is Edifier S330 but has 72W RMS power.

If you want better speakers you may need to increase your budget. Check Edifier S530 almost double of your current budget.

edifier s530 are 7.4k in hyderabad :) i got them .. but sold again at 8k shipped to another as i was in need of mny .. i presently hav m3200 which i got for 2k .. i dunno y edifier prices are less in hyderabad compared to other states :/

vivacious_tg said:
Not aware of Z630 model but your requirement suggests that you may need THX certified speakers and its worth checking Logitech Z623 Speakers as its one of the models having enough RMS power and come close to your budget. One more option is Edifier S330 but has 72W RMS power.

If you want better speakers you may need to increase your budget. Check Edifier S530 almost double of your current budget.

Logitech Z623 and Z630 are almost same so won't consider it too as Z2300 still rules over them (damn logitech, why the hell they discontinued it). Regarding Edifier, subwoofer has only 75W RMS and anything below 120W RMS is not acceptable to me.

Please pour in some other options too. I'm ready to buy used ones too.

if you can stretch your budget to say about 8.5 to 9K, you will get excellent THX certified speakers.. excellent sound quality.. and gooood bass.. too. high volume levels are also achievable..

puneetritehere said:
if you can stretch your budget to say about 8.5 to 9K, you will get excellent THX certified speakers.. excellent sound quality.. and gooood bass.. too. high volume levels are also achievable..

Stretched......

Now please suggest some. I won't mind until amount is in 4 digits. THX certification won't amaze me but bass will definitely do.

well. lemme see.. i dont remember which ones. but i will check it up again. in a local store, i saw thx certified speakers. with amazing sound quality.. there were two speakers without a separate subwoofer and both speakers were the height equal to the length of a 15.6 inch laptop and about 5 to 6 inches deep.. but i dont remember the brand or the model . this was about 2 months back.. if i get a hold of it. will surely let you know..

Get yourself the Corsair SP2500. I am not sure what the present prices are. Bass is definitely punchier than Logitech Z2300 I had before getting this.

mayanksahni said:
Stretched......

Now please suggest some. I won't mind until amount is in 4 digits. THX certification won't amaze me but bass will definitely do.

Hehehe..count the digits bro...you wont go for one in 4 digits??? seriously :)

Poga said:
Hehehe..count the digits bro...you wont go for one in 4 digits??? seriously :)

4 digits goes upto 9999rs mate. :p

I can stretch upto that.

Infact little more might be possible if product is awesome, but Corsair SP2500 doesn't have that good reviews. :(

mayanksahni said:
but Corsair SP2500 doesn't have that good reviews. :(

There are plenty of reviews sprayed all over internet. Heres your pointer : corsair sp2500 reviews - Google Search

I went through quite of these to make up my mind. For anything south of 10 grand, I think Logitech Z623 is still the best option.

Theres another but tedious way to get things done though. Assemble your own speakers. It goes this way. Pick a wooden casing according to your taste. you will have options like number of cutouts, bass-reflex ports, thickness etc. Then pick your own speakers. A friend of mine bolted in Sony Xplod sets with an amp and Man!! that not just rattles windows, rattles the listener too.

mayanksahni said:
4 digits goes upto 9999rs mate. :p

I can stretch upto that.

Infact little more might be possible if product is awesome, but Corsair SP2500 doesn't have that good reviews. :(

All the reviews on sp2500 i have been through praised it a lot :S

Back