Please suggest a budget laptop 25-30K, and place to get lowest price in Bangalore

noworry

Disciple
Usage : browsing, watching movies and some coding work. No gaming or graphics applications
Budget : 25K-30K (max)

Please let me know a reliable laptop with good build quality (keyboard, trackpad quality is very important) and good video/audio quality.

* Intel Dual Core P6100 or Intel Core i3 (No AMD pls, because of battery life)
* 4GB preferred (atleast 2GB)
* 250-500GB Hard disk
* 15.6" atleast
* Graphics card not important (No problem even if there :))
* Prefer Matt finish compared to Glossy one
* Backpack/Carry-case not important
* Prefer to purchase directly in Bangalore, not online

I have the following models in mind, but confused about which one to choose. If there are any other good models satisfying the above requirements and budget, please suggest them also (along with the price)

* Dell Inspiron 15R
* Lenovo G560
* Acer 5742

Also please let me know, where to get laptops at lowest prices in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance guys....

@techie_007, thanks for offer of help, but I finally, went ahead and bought Lenovo G560

Configuration:

Intel P6200 (2.13GHz)

2GB DDR3 RAM (+2GB extra for Rs.1200)

500GB Hard disk

DOS (No Windows)

Lenovo 1 yr onsite warranty

Price: Rs.27000/- (incl additional RAM)

Place of purchase: M.R. Computers, C.V Raman Nagar, Bangalore

I chose the Intel P6200 processor model over Core i3, since it is same as Core i3, minus the Intel VT and Hyper-threading, which are not needed for my type of usage (Saved Rs.3000/- because of this)

Mini review:

* The Look and Feel of the laptop is really nice and professional. The black and silver combination is awesome !! The Dell Inspiron 15R and Acer 5742 models are nowhere near to this model, in this category

* The keyboard and trackpad are very good, only the Ctrl & Fn keys are inter-changed (like Macbook), which I think, will take sometime to get used to. * The speaker has no bass or effects, but I will be using only headphone most of the time, so its fine for me.

* All the drivers for Windows 7 were present in the DVD and the single-click installation was a breeze. No need to download and install driver for each and every component separately !!

Overall, satisfied with the purchase :)

noworry said:
@techie_007, thanks for offer of help, but I finally, went ahead and bought Lenovo G560

Configuration:

Intel P6200 (2.13GHz)

2GB DDR3 RAM (+2GB extra for Rs.1200)

500GB Hard disk

DOS (No Windows)

Lenovo 1 yr onsite warranty

Price: Rs.27000/- (incl additional RAM)

Place of purchase: M.R. Computers, C.V Raman Nagar, Bangalore

I chose the Intel P6200 processor model over Core i3, since it is same as Core i3, minus the Intel VT and Hyper-threading, which are not needed for my type of usage (Saved Rs.3000/- because of this)

Mini review:

* The Look and Feel of the laptop is really nice and professional. The black and silver combination is awesome !! The Dell Inspiron 15R and Acer 5742 models are nowhere near to this model, in this category

* The keyboard and trackpad are very good, only the Ctrl & Fn keys are inter-changed (like Macbook), which I think, will take sometime to get used to. * The speaker has no bass or effects, but I will be using only headphone most of the time, so its fine for me.

* All the drivers for Windows 7 were present in the DVD and the single-click installation was a breeze. No need to download and install driver for each and every component separately !!

Overall, satisfied with the purchase :)
good.I was also planning to buy a lenovo g560 but then heard its Horrible touchpad. How do u find the touchpad to work with? Has Lenovo sorted this out?

calamine said:
good.I was also planning to buy a lenovo g560 but then heard its Horrible touchpad. How do u find the touchpad to work with? Has Lenovo sorted this out?
the touchpad is plasticky, and the touchpad buttons make annoying clicking sounds !!
but, i don't use the touchpad a lot, since i have a microsoft bluetooth mouse.

one thing which is bothering a lot is that the keyboard is cramped and some important keys are very small - like the shift keys and arrow keys, which hinders the typing speed

I would suggest you to go to a showroom and have a hands on experience, before deciding on the models.

noworry said:
the touchpad is plasticky, and the touchpad buttons make annoying clicking sounds !!
but, i don't use the touchpad a lot, since i have a microsoft bluetooth mouse.

one thing which is bothering a lot is that the keyboard is cramped and some important keys are very small - like the shift keys and arrow keys, which hinders the typing speed

I would suggest you to go to a showroom and have a hands on experience, before deciding on the models.
thanks a lot for ur replies...and how long does the battery charge last??
pls give me the phone no. and the address from the shop u bought this laptop

Back