Monitors Please suggest a Gaming Monitor

AMITNOIDA

Disciple
I am planning to build my Gaming PC. The config is going to be i5-4690 with GTX-970 GPU. As the GPU is capable, I like to select the monitor cautiously to bring out the capability of GPU.

First, I like to have your idea about the screen size, which I should go about. My viewing distance from my new PC will range between 30-32 inch. Currently, I am using a BenQ 22 inch monitor and even at a distance of 24 inch, I don't find any difficulty in seeing the full panel at one go without much panning of eyeball and turn of my head.

For a viewing distance of 30-32 inch, I think I can select bigger monitor than 22 inch to enjoy the games better. Although as per the conventional two third formula (screen size = 2/3 x viewing distance), the max screen size comes to 22 inch only (for viewing distance of 30-32 inch). But I want to get your feedback on the same.

The question is if I go for 24" or 27" screen, whether I will have to turn my head and eyeball too much and acquire headache and eye strain?

What is your experiences, who uses 24" or 27" monitor?

I sit about 40 inches away from my monitor and use a 24 inch and it doesn't need turning your head at all. A 27 incher would be fine as well but I would recommend that you only buy 27 inch monitor if you can go for the 2.5K resolution ones. They're pricier but worth it. The other choice is to go for both a 2.5K monitor with a 75Hz. Again, pricy but if you are willing to shell out the money the experience will be stunning.

If not, go for 24 inch monitors. Any monitor with 4ms or below response rate should suffice.

This is the one I use - http://www.flipkart.com/benq-gl2450...=b_1&ref=4f5b79c1-3ce9-4e15-b319-a4332f440fb5

I sit about 40 inches away from my monitor and use a 24 inch and it doesn't need turning your head at all. A 27 incher would be fine as well but I would recommend that you only buy 27 inch monitor if you can go for the 2.5K resolution ones.
I agree that high resolution 2.5k will not produce grains. But whether a person will be able to see the total frame of a 27 inch monitor from a distance of only 30-32 inch without turning his head ?
If I get the above confidence, I am ready to purchase Asus or BenQ 27 inch 1-2 ms and 120 Hz monitor.
Otherwise, I shall go for 24 inch monitor.

I think its up to personnel preference.Some people suggest 24 inch to be optimum for pc gaming.Try to get a demo to find the perfect screen size for you.

Back