PC Peripherals Please suggest a great headphone with mic for FPS games

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I need a headphone with microphone having great positional audio. I need it specially for CS GO and CS 1.6. Please suggest something. Are the wireless headphones such as Steelseries Arctis 7 or Corsair Void worth it? I can go wired or wireless, does not matter. Also, I might get a Xonar DX sound card to use with it as well.

I want to specify some models below:

Wireless:

Corsair Void RGB usb
Steelseries Arctis 7 usb

Wired:

Hyperx Cloud Analog
Hyperx Cloud II usb
Hyperx Revolver
Hyperx Revolver S
Corsair Void
Steelseries Arctis 5
Sennheiser GSP 350
Sennheiser GSP 300

I don't want to go with Razer because I have pathetic experience previously.

I have a Sennheiser HD598 now but my wife uses it mostly for music and movies with mobile devices hence in search for another one.

Also I am eager to know if an analog 5k headset with cards like Xonar DX / SoundBlaster Z will provide with more punch rather than a 10k usb headset.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Last edited:
I bought the Hyperx Cloud core headphones recently and even though it works fine, it is way too heavy to wear for extended periods.

I'd say go for the Sennheiser Gsp 300 as it is much more comfortable. I don't think surround sound helps out much while gaming so I'd recommend against the gsp 350.

That said, none of the headphones you listed will have the same audio quality as your HD 598.

Back