Please suggest a Mobile under 12k.

I'm in the market looking for a new phone. And I'll be buying on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm 12th standard pass and will go to College in a month or two :)
Here's what I need in my phone:
-Good screen.
-Android
-Zippy interface (I hate lags, minor occasional lags are fine )
-Atleast a day of battery life with normal usage and 50 text msgs, 1 hr calling, 1 hr music via earphones.
-Good looks

I've zeroed in on HTC Wildfire S. It looked very nice, screen was vibrant, and also has Gingerbread :)

I'm not leaning towards Optimus One because of not so good design and screen, plus it lags on stock firmware (not so with Wildfire S , I won't be using any custom FW atleast for 5-6months)
Dell XCD35 has very high SAR rating so I'm hesitating to buy it.

One more thing... My cousin bought a Bold 3 yesterday and is willing to sell his E72 to me . It is 10 months old. I'm using it (trying for 3-4 days) and I find it really good.

So what should I choose in my budget. Wildfire S or E72 or any other good phone in my budget...?

i have one suggestion.

your spice mi410 is also chinese rebrand .

If you care for sar value go with either wildfire s or optimus.

my vote goes to wildfire s.

dont buy any chinese rebranded phones,if you care about SAR value.

I thought DEFY and MI-410 are of same budget. (13k & 14.6K)
You like spice but not micromax :huh:? does this have anything with akshay & sonam? what's the reason behind u not going for MM?

Shubham1401 said:
@emmarbee: You'll kill me for this but Defy is out of mu budget friend :p
And I'm not gonna get a Micromax.

Regarding my earphones... Yes they are In-ear type. Model No MDR-EX35
Here's a review:
Sony MDR-EX35LP

They are 1.5 yr old and I find them adequate for day to day use.

So I will check MI 410 in Spice store. Where can i try XCD35?

Now the contenders are 410, XCD35, Wildfire S, and good ole Optimus One. :)

emmarbee said:
I thought DEFY and MI-410 are of same budget. (13k & 14.6K)

You like spice but not micromax :huh:? does this have anything with akshay & sonam? what's the reason behind u not going for MM?

I'm already stretching the budget to 13k. Can't go 14.6k otherwise Defy was a no brainer :(

I don't like Spice or MM but 410 was very tempting at the price point plus the reviews were positive.

Looks like I'm gonna decide between XCD35 and Wildfire S now.

Although Spice MI-410 is chinese rebranded but please check thoroughly that it is made by Foxconn, the same company which makes Apple Iphones, and it is not some cheap chinese.... The Name is Foxconn FB400 and even Motorola has rebranded it as Motorola Truimph in American Market (CDMA).. Although Spice India has not released GingerBread yet but as this phone is released in 5 or 6 countries with different names and all are same so they have already released GingerBread (2.3.4) so Latest Software.

I'd never suggest you to go with Micromax A70 (First of all not yet released and no feedback)

But if you want to go with branded then

HTC WildFire S (-3.2", +GingerBread) If screen Size and resolution is not a problem then Very Good Option

Dell XCD35 (+3.5", -Froyo)

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3777&idPhone2=3623

I would say HTC Wildfire S is better than Dell due to Sense (It is really cool) widgets, Good snappy phone and also decent performance, really good looking, also decent camera with flash for those college road trips ;) HTC seems to have better product than Dell. But Spice Mi-410 will catapult you into a whole new different level. Trust me, It is a single core powerhouse (of course, cannot be compared to dual core) which helps you to do pretty much everything.

Shubham1401 said:
I'm already stretching the budget to 13k. Can't go 14.6k otherwise Defy was a no brainer :(

I don't like Spice or MM but 410 was very tempting at the price point plus the reviews were positive.

Looks like I'm gonna decide between XCD35 and Wildfire S now.

I understand that you cannot stretch your budget by 1.6k more, but i am sure that since you would use the phone for 2 years, after a year or so, you may regret that you did not spend a just a thousand or two extra and go for the no-brainer one. This is what we are trying to avoid here. The Defy is in a total league altogether compared to those 2 phones (XCD 35, WS).. Still, among those two phones you have mentioned, XCD35 has a better screen, while Wildfire S has a slightly better camera, better UI, newer OS, and being a HTC phone, it is bound to get good community support too. The WS has average audio quality. For texting, the larger screen of the XCD35 should be useful.

get the moto defy from lets buy. Use a code. it will come upto 13.5k. I think that will be the best deal in this range. Or buy the samsung galaxy fit or pop. And for 10k there is a galaxy with qwerty also. slider qwerty so u get the touch screen also.

@emmarbee : Yeah dude I'll give it sometime and maybe It gets crystal clear which one I want :)

@paarkhi : Thanx for letting me know that 410 is good product. I was hesitating a bit whether the phone will last me 2 years (3-4 years of actual usage but 2 yrs will also do ). will consider it for sure :)

@Tarita : Fit has very pathetic QVGA resolution so won't buy it at any cost. Ace is good but again screen is my main concern with it. It looked dull and a good screen is very important for me

@rhlravi : Thank you very much for pushing me to get Defy. I like it that you guys want the best for me :)

Will consider increasing my budget . BTW there is no budget, my bro is buying any phone for me if its reasonable. I fixed 10k then increased to 12k now increased it to 15k :D

Actually it was set 10k because I recently lost my phone(only 8 months old). So had a little bit of guilt and didn't wanted to spend too much on a new one :p

Contenders : Wildfire S, Defy, 410, XCD 35 :)

Really liked the punchy and vibrant colors of WS despite HVGA resolution and the Mini form factor(and build quality too). :)

Also liked Defy's plain and very compact design. Plus it pwns others quite comfortably in almost everything :)

XCD35 and 410 are yet to be seen personally :)

BTW how's the Audio Quality of XCD35?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@aradhakr84: Thanx for the feedback on 410 bro. I really needed it. Was hesitating because of the brand.

Shubham1401 said:
@rhlravi : Thank you very much for pushing me to get Defy. I like it that you guys want the best for me :)

Will consider increasing my budget . BTW there is no budget, my bro is buying any phone for me if its reasonable. I fixed 10k then increased to 12k now increased it to 15k :D

Actually it was set 10k because I recently lost my phone(only 8 months old). So had a little bit of guilt and didn't wanted to spend too much on a new one :p

Contenders : Wildfire S, Defy, 410, XCD 35 :)

The people here are all well-wishers and find their happiness in the OP's satisfaction after purchase :).

I am happy to hear that you could stretch to that 'sweet-spot' range.

Now you can narrow down your options to the Defy and Mi-410. There are a large number of threads discussing about these phones (all the 'Need a phone under 15k' ones), where you should get to read a lot about these two phones.

lg optimus one-9k,,samsung ace 14k or lower,,defy 15k..anything other than these three model is waste..simple is that.,,you can spend countless hours in posting-searching online but you will not get better than these these within 15k budget

@Shubham - Drop the XCD35. It lags with stock rom. You can't withstand the lag for 6 months (as you had mentioned in ur post) and definitely have to install CM7 the day 1 (yes it is easy and warranty is not void, if you backup of stock ROM). But even if screen is gorgeous and interface is snappy, the camera is too shi***. If you don't bother about the camera and installing CM7 from day1, then it is the best buy.

Zeroed in on Motorola Defy. Have a week to think :)

1. Defy , 2. Wildfire S, 3. XCD 35 , 4. 410

These are the choices according to preference.
@satyanjoy: I didn't like the design of P500 too much and didn't liked the screen of Ace.

@emmarbee: I just want the camera to be sufficient for taking snaps of the notes/A4 sheets and the handwriting should be clearly visible. (My MotoMing did that job well and it was 3.2mp AF)

And I'm gonna install CM7 in ,lets say, 15 days of getting it.

I'd pick 1 and 4 from that list.

Shubham1401:1878462 said:
Zeroed in on Motorola Defy. Have a week to think :)

1. Defy , 2. Wildfire S, 3. XCD 35 , 4. 410

These are the choices according to preference.
@satyanjoy: I didn't like the design of P500 too much and didn't liked the screen of Ace.

@emmarbee: I just want the camera to be sufficient for taking snaps of the notes/A4 sheets and the handwriting should be clearly visible. (My MotoMing did that job well and it was 3.2mp AF)

And I'm gonna install CM7 in ,lets say, 15 days of getting it.

RS4 said:
Head over to spice mi-410 thread and read last few pages,i dont think you will recommend that phone to anyone.

Previously I read the first few pages and I thought It might be a good buy.

But after seeing the last few pages, it doesn't seems so good to me now. Lots of complaints. Gonna buy either WS or Defy. Better be Safe than sorry.

Back