Please suggest a non-camera music phone. Budget no bar.

Yes, you read that right. I am looking for a non-camera music phone. I don't know if such a species exists. The reason for such a phone is 'company security policy' which mentions no cameras or camera phones allowed. I am currently using a 5800XM and was looking forward to upgrade to a S2. But, now I can't. My requirements are as follows:

1. Memory card support required.
2. No camera.
3. 3.5-inch jack required.
4. Good music quality.
5. Bluetooth required.
6. Java (for games) :p

I know of the Nokia X1-01 but apparently the music quality is crappy. Any phones better than that, something in line of the 5800XM in terms of audio quality? Please help. :ashamed:

I'm not sure of that. I googled a bit and the only recent phone that I could find was the Nokia X1 and the C1. Any other options that anyone knows that fits the criteria I mentioned above? :(

drsingh said:
why don't you buy a dedicated mp3 player and a cameraless phone?buy a sansa clip+.small and discrete with micro sd expansion.
Actually that's a better idea if OP wants to maintain his music quality.OP buy a good music player,may be Phillips,sony,zune or Transcend,anyone you choose.And buy a cheap phone for calling.

I had thought about it myself. But, I am unsure if MP3 players are allowed in the office. The other day a stoopid, snoopy guy who apparently is the 'policy enforcer' whistled out a guy listening to an iPod. Apparently, they think that you if you have an Apple iPod without the cable or anything, you can still connect it to the PC and steal data. As the IT people have disabled the USB ports, I will probably have to hypnotize the data into submission and transfer them over air into the iPod. Don't know what happened next, but I don't think MP3 players are allowed. :mad:
So will try the phones that Ameet listed and see if any of them is good enough. :(

4nd3r50n said:
I had thought about it myself. But, I am unsure if MP3 players are allowed in the office. The other day a stoopid, snoopy guy who apparently is the 'policy enforcer' whistled out a guy listening to an iPod. Apparently, they think that you if you have an Apple iPod without the cable or anything, you can still connect it to the PC and steal data. As the IT people have disabled the USB ports, I will probably have to hypnotize the data into submission and transfer them over air into the iPod. Don't know what happened next, but I don't think MP3 players are allowed. :mad:

So will try the phones that Ameet listed and see if any of them is good enough. :(
Oh man that's pathetic.How will you survive without music.Are you sure you will be allowed to listen to music using your phone?

No other option left for me other than cheap music phone with no camera. I still don't know the policy regarding MP3 players so will enquire with the HR before I buy a phone. But for now, it looks pretty bleak. :(

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

A phone without cam but having good music quality? Hmm...

I dont think thats possible...

As sato suggested, why not go for a cover that covers the camera of the phone?

Else, the available phones are:

Nokia X1-00

Nokia X1-01

Nokia C1-00

Nokia C1-02

Thats it dude...

Back