Please suggest a simple phone that does what it's meant to

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
I need a phone for my dad.

It has to have these 5 basic things (anything esle is a bonus)-

(1) Great build quality.

No eventual fading/peeling of colour/paint from the keypad, body, cover, etc etc

(2) Fast UI.

(Things should happen as instantly as possible with every click)

(3) Great battery life.

(The longer the talktime ona single charge, the better.)

(4) Good network reception.

(5) Good voice clarity.

I guess i have listed the things that make a phone a phone, for what it has to do primarily.

Mid-range phones seem to be packing in a lot of features these days but seems to be severely lacking in build quality.

Please suggest me something good. :)

(He used to like his Nokia 6310i in it's time- great phone meeting all the above requirements in its heydays imho.)

Is budget no bar ?

If so, the Nokia 2700c is a worthwhile option, satisfies all your requirements mentioned.

Especially battery life, with purely talktime (since your dad will be using it) expect it to last almost 4 days before a recharge. Build Quality is satisfactory. Voice clarity is also good, the phone has an option to enhance the voice clarity even more.

The UI is slightly (and i mean very slightly) slow, but its simple (Nokia) and something one gets used to with time.

So there it is, a good VFM phone, though i am keen to see what other alternatives our fellow TEites come up with.

EDIT : It retails for around Rs. 3600 - 3800.

My wife has a Nokia 3110 classic and it is absolutely worth the money. Build quality is good. Network reception and clarity are typical Nokia stuff. And battery life is decent. She charges it once in 3 days (approx 45 mins talktime per day). And most importantly, the keypad is good with large keys that can accommodate people with large fingers.

^3110C is not in the markets now. It has been obsolete for sometime now. Ya the phone is rock solid and bulky .(Typical Nokia Classic :))

@Bikey- Try the Nokia 5130XM ~ 4.8k. Has decent build quality. Good battery life and reception.

Back