PC Peripherals Please suggest an APC UPS, budget max 6-7k

thegame

Adept
Hi,

Currently (for the last 5months) using a Numeric 600 VA UPS, have used APC 650 VA before and since the batteries were dead i thought of trying a cheap one and ended up with the Numeric one. Problem is that the UPS doesn't give a good battery backup (less than a minute), the one i got doesn't have a monitor tool, checked the battery and its fine and also had the unit replaced once, so decided to go back to good old APC.

So please suggest which APC UPS to go for my below requirements:
  • Need a backup of just 5mins, just to save and turn OFF the PC. PC config: Please refer my sig and the below components will be connected all the time
  1. 19inch Viewsonic LCD monitor
  2. Logitech X530 speakers
  3. BSNL modem
  4. Chasis (of course
    <
    ), have 3 SATAII 7200rpm HDDs
  • Planning to have the below cordless phone connected also, so will connect all the peripherals (the above 4 and the cordless phone) to a Belkin surge protector and have the surge protector connected to the UPS

http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/portal/home/products/communications/telephone/24ghz/KXTG3531BX

Since I am planning to have the cordless phone connected 24/7, I need a UPS that will power the cordless phone for a min of 2hrs during power cuts (will have the PC, modem, speakers and the monitor in OFF status only during the power cuts as i will be in office)

thanks ganesh for your suggestion.. how about BR1000-IN?? its around 6.5-7k and slightly better backup time compared to BR1100CI-IN..

Back up is almost same in both the case only thing is BR1100-IN doesn't have the auto shutdown feature...infact it is 660w which is 60w more than 1000va..since you are using it in office can go for it if you require auto shutdown feature..

The UPS is for my home use
<
actually i meant that since I will be in office during power cuts (2hrs -- 8 to 10am or 3-5pm) I won't be using the PC and therefore only the cordless phone will be connected..yeah i saw that the 1100 is 660w but went with the runtime chart that is there in APC site.. i hope the cordless phone shouldn't consume more than 50w so for 50w usage when you refer the runtime chart its 2hrs4min for 1000 and 1hr57min for the 1100 and another plus is the auto shutdown tool (mainly to see the battery back up time and voltage fluctuations)

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=29&tab=models

also ganesh which UPS are you using (in case)?

Am using apc 1100va only with my config as you can see in my sig am getting 35-40mins backup while working in word document...Dont worry i even used to turn on my table fan with my ups sometime during the power cut which runs for whole 2hrs with no probs definitely it will be 70w to 90w
<
if you want auto shutdown option den go for 1000va. Moreover in 1100va got noisy fan at the back which run 24/7 so there will be a continuous buzzing sound but no idea abt 1000va model..

I have BR1100CI-IN. (Quad core CPU and 24 inch monitor). It roughly gives me 25 min, not more than that for web browsing.

Now the biggest problem with this UPS is the fan noise. At unpredictable times, the fan starts spinning at high speed and it is extremely noisy.

Back