Storage Solutions Please suggest DVD Writer

vercetti4x6

Disciple
Hi. I want to purchase a 24x DVD writer. I saw 2 models from sony. Are there good ones from any other company? Please suggest which one to buy.. Thanks in advance...

@OP

Go for one that allows disc write quality checking. I've been out of this market for some time now so my knowledge is not upto date. There is a certain chip it must have to be compliant nowadays.

The idea behind iwriters is you save to disk what you value and would like to access in the future. A good quality score indicates the disc will be readable in the future than one with a lower score. There are many qualities of dvdr out there so its good to know which speed gives the best write with the lowest errors. You could even find out what speed gives you the best and its always god never to fill a disc to the max, 4.3GB is a good mark to aim for.

This does not mean your DVD lasts forever, that depends on how good the dye the manufacturer used. So it might have a good score when you wrote it but whats it like a year later or further.

In short quality write offers you a way to check that your data is still readable. Course if all you go for is Taiyo Yuden media which is amongst the best out there you can ignore this and go with any writer you want :)

Check whether the Sony's are rebadged from others, sometimes the models are original's other times they are sourced from others. Why pay the extra premium in that case. The definitive site to checkout for more info on this topic is cdfreaks.com

Thank you all for your help.

@blr_p: Thanks a lot. I really didn't know that much about those things as i'm a total noob in this field. Repped.

After going through cdfreaks' review of Sony-Optiarc AD 7240S, I think it's not a bad choice. Also, many say DRU 870s is same as AD 7240S. So, I think that too is Okay.. Thanks..

Back