Audio Please suggest headphone for movies

rshri

Adept
Hi,

My present headphone just went bad. Looking to buy a new one. Please provide suggestions -

1) I like VFM products but willing to spend up-to 4K.
2) Most important criteria - Should be comfortable to wear for long durations.
3) Required 95% for movies and 5% for music. Should enable me to hear full range of movie sound including all soft details and bass.
4) Should have a 2-3 meter long cord (Not looking for wireless).

Also, I would rather buy it online rather than from shop.

Waiting for your replies!

Roccat kave or any other 5.1 headphone will be best for you. Might be a little over the budget though.

If that is all that it takes, look no further than the Corsair Vengeance 1500 gaming headset ~4500/- (7.1 Dolby Digital surround).

Can these 5.1 headphones be connected to normal stereo 3.5mm TRS sockets? This is one of the requirements.
Also aren't these recommended gaming headphones a bit heavy?
Also, while browsing flipkart, I came across Corsair Vengeance 1300 for 3.75K. Any opinions on this headphone?

Thanks for pointing this out! This has great reviews and seems very suitable for me!

Aren't these closed headphones which gives less room for sound stage which makes a lot of difference especially when we use this for movies/gaming.

PS: even i am in same dilemma only difference being budjet.

Aren't these closed headphones which gives less room for sound stage which makes a lot of difference especially when we use this for movies/gaming.

PS: even i am in same dilemma only difference being budjet.
I was not aware of that! What do you suggest?

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I looked this up. Open back headphones do provide better soundstage but isolation gets sacrificed. I think I will stick with closed cans.

I was not aware of that! What do you suggest?

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I looked this up. Open back headphones do provide better soundstage but isolation gets sacrificed. I think I will stick with closed cans.

would recommend you have a look at AD500.Am not confident about my suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Isolation could be poor in open headphones.However you cant go wrong with Sennheisers.

would recommend you have a look at AD500.Am not confident about my suggestion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Isolation could be poor in open headphones.However you cant go wrong with Sennheisers.
Thanks for understanding my point of view! Listening privacy is of importance to me. Buying Sennheiser HD 439!
Price at shopclues (as linked by @luster) is best I can find. Seems a good deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would recommend you the m35.
Reasons
1 - its got a really good fit
2 - the sound quality is fantastic and if fits the vfm quotient you are looking for.
3 - It has a really long cable
4 - if you buy from pristine note, you are guaranteed good service and support.

Would recommend you the m35.
Reasons
1 - its got a really good fit
2 - the sound quality is fantastic and if fits the vfm quotient you are looking for.
3 - It has a really long cable
4 - if you buy from pristine note, you are guaranteed good service and support.
Thanks for suggestion but Audio Technica ATH M35 is out-of-stock/discontinued at Pristine and Flipkart.

I have roccat kave 5.1 and I use them exclusively for watching movies. I would suggest them hands down.
Advantages that I see with this head set.

1. true 5.1 headset. I dont understand the physics of sound quality but I really like the quality of this headset.
2. very long cord. and you have a volume control box that you can place beside you with which you can mute/unmute, control master volume, controll indiviual channel volume. really handy when watching movies.
3. They have this vibration unit which works awesome when there are explosions etc. in the movies and games.
4. very rugged, i mean VERY. I sit on the volume control box in my sofa all the time and throw the headphones and the box all the time. they take all that beating happily.
5. I earlier had many headphones/ear phones. like ep630, pl11, sennheiser hd220 etc... this headset is comparable to or little better than hd220 in sound quality.

Bummer,in this case,you should check out sony xb 300.
These are one of the best in terms of bass and are pretty value for money in my opinion.
SONY MDR-XB300 Extra Bass (XB) Headphones . Buy Best SONY MDR-XB300 Extra Bass (XB) Headphones at Lowest Price Online
Sony MDR-XB300 seems great for bass! I am not too inclined towards it though because my focus is balanced sound from all ranges. I agree that its a great VFM option and a good buy:)

I have roccat kave 5.1 and I use them exclusively for watching movies. I would suggest them hands down.
Advantages that I see with this head set.

1. true 5.1 headset. I dont understand the physics of sound quality but I really like the quality of this headset.
2. very long cord. and you have a volume control box that you can place beside you with which you can mute/unmute, control master volume, controll indiviual channel volume. really handy when watching movies.
3. They have this vibration unit which works awesome when there are explosions etc. in the movies and games.
4. very rugged, i mean VERY. I sit on the volume control box in my sofa all the time and throw the headphones and the box all the time. they take all that beating happily.
5. I earlier had many headphones/ear phones. like ep630, pl11, sennheiser hd220 etc... this headset is comparable to or little better than hd220 in sound quality.
ROCCAT Kave 5.1 has also been labelled as 'Permanently discontinued' in flipkart and generally does not seem available anywhere. Must be getting replaced by a newer release from manufacturers

By now, I have already ordered Sennheiser HD 439 from shopclues. But please do keep your valuable suggestions coming, it will help a lot of thread readers.

sorry to hijack the thread, but i am in a similar situation. Need headphones for around 4k. Selected these two models :

HD 4239
Razer Electra.

Which is one is better ? Any other option in this same range ? Main purpose is movies and some Indian Music.

sorry to hijack the thread, but i am in a similar situation. Need headphones for around 4k. Selected these two models :

HD 4239
Razer Electra.

Which is one is better ? Any other option in this same range ? Main purpose is movies and some Indian Music.

I would suggest the following, Sire --
  • Corsair Vengeance 1300 (2.1) headphone ~3500/-
  • Corsair Vengeance 1500 (7.1 Dolby Digital surround) headphone ~4500/-
Best options at the price point. In my opinion. Cheerio!

I would suggest the following, Sire --
  • Corsair Vengeance 1300 (2.1) headphone ~3500/-
  • Corsair Vengeance 1500 (7.1 Dolby Digital surround) headphone ~4500/-
Best options at the price point. In my opinion. Cheerio!

Are you sure Vengeance Series is better than the two i mentioned ? My present (dead) headphones are Corsair only :p
I can get all 3 of these (Senn HD439, Razer Electra and Corsair Vengeance 1500 ) for 4k or less. Almost NO Gaming, a lot of TV Shows/HD Movies, decent amount of Music and Skype Calling (have a separate mic in the webcam for that).

I will get it tomorrow, so please suggest the best among these three.

Are you sure Vengeance Series is better than the two i mentioned ? My present (dead) headphones are Corsair only :p
I can get all 3 of these (Senn HD439, Razer Electra and Corsair Vengeance 1500 ) for 4k or less. Almost NO Gaming, a lot of TV Shows/HD Movies, decent amount of Music and Skype Calling (have a separate mic in the webcam for that).

I have never used any of these and am trusting the reviews for this one.
Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Gaming Headset Review - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Analog Gaming Headset - Legit Reviews / Corsair Vengeance 1300 Review | bit-tech.net -- Corsair Vengeance 1300
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/surround-sound-headset-benchmark,3125-4.html / Corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | TechwareLabs -- Corsair Vengeance 1500

The biggest con against Razer in my opinion is the poor build quality and expense.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Back