Graphic Cards Please suggest me a graphic card...

sudeep_hm

Disciple
Hi Every one.. I am a new member here. My system configuration is
P4 3.2 processor
512MB DDR RAM
160 GB hard drive
Intel 865G original motherboard with 3PCI and 1AGP slot
with the above configuration which graphic card is suitable? My budget is Rs 2500/-.
should I go for a new or a old one?:):)

trhe agp slot is gonna be a restriction , as cards for it are not widely available look for second hand cards u might get a 7600gt if lucky

I have almost the same config and i would advise you not to spend so much on a new video card. PCI-E cards both cheaper and faster and it would be the best if you could upgrade the cpu/mobo.

Another thing i came across was that there are driver problems with the ATI AGP cards. Since the chipsets were not designed for AGP implementation, the official catalyst drivers dont support them.

EDIT : Do you want the card for gaming or just aero and normal work ?

dvijaydev46 said:
@OP: Please be reminded of the fact that your CPU may not be able to drive most of the newer games.

sudeep_hm said:
Hi Every one.. I am a new member here. My system configuration is
P4 3.2 processor
512MB DDR RAM
160 GB hard drive
Intel 865G original motherboard with 3PCI and 1AGP slot
with the above configuration which graphic card is suitable? My budget is Rs 2500/-.
should I go for a new or a old one?:):)

No offence meant bro, but that config is only good for browsing and downloading. Even if you buy an AGP graphics card then

a) processor, ram and the card itself would be a bottleneck
b) latest games and HD movies can't be run

If you could, I would suggest you to sell the stuff and upgrade to atleast a dual core system. You can find plenty of affordable used stuff in the market section.

This is just my opinion, no offence meant! :cool2:

No offence meant bro, but that config is only good for browsing and downloading. Even if you buy an AGP graphics card then

a) processor, ram and the card itself would be a bottleneck

b) latest games and HD movies can't be run

If you could, I would suggest you to sell the stuff and upgrade to atleast a dual core system. You can find plenty of affordable used stuff in the market section.

This is just my opinion, no offence meant! :cool2:[/QUOTE]

Thank you brother.I already tried that, But the computer seller at my place is asking for so less that I would prefer to give it to any of my relatives and more over I am preferring not to invest much on this computer. so...

Please let me know If any one is selling the second hand ones...

thank you...

Hi sudeep_hm ,

1 GB RAM stick would be a better investment than a graphic card.

Any Graphics card you buy will not give any noticeable difference when comparing with your on-board graphics as there are many bottlenecks.

Get the Ati 4650 AGP.

it is bang for the Buck.

I purchased my HD3650 AGP 512MB DDR2.

As for running games, they will definately run but at mid settings

HD movies will play smoothly.

If you want a screenshot of my card and the box, please let me know.

Your system should be more than enough for running HD movies.

Driver support does not lack too. Ati has drivers for AGP versions it is called Hotfix drivers.

So go ahead and get that card.

Oh forgot to mention my System Specs:eek:hyeah:
Windows 7 Home Premuim x86

Intel Pentium 4 3.00Ghz with HT

Intel Original D865GBF

2x512 MB DDR 400Mhz

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3650 AGP 512 MB DDR2

Integrated SoundMAX Digital Audio AD1985

SONY BRAVIA KLV-19T400A T-Series

1920x1080

Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 (1TB SATA 150)
SAMSUNG 80GB IDE
WD ESSENTIAL EDITION 1TB USB

Ok guys. I need the graphic card for both little bit of gaming and Movies. and main problem being watching movies. forget about HD movies with larger size files I cant even play .MP4 formats with 1.5GB file size. Moreover I want to purchase a VGA to PAL connector from "ENTER" company ( model no E 5100 ).Does any one have used this?.

Get the HD4650 not the HD3650 if you want to game.

If you want to watch movies then get HD3650.

If you wanted to know where I purchased the card, then it is Aditya Infotech (Andheri)

Recently I installed Nvidia geforce FX5500 256MB graphics card,But I am very much dissatisfied since I am not even able to play .MP4 format movies (1.6GB size). Why is it so?

The CPU usage varies between 79 - 80% always, what does this means?

Is my installation of the card is not proper? (I have downloaded a recent driver from the Nvidia website).

If my installation is proper then what exactly does the graphics cards(GPU) will do and how to know how much of the GPU is used ( any sort of windows task manager to check its performance) ?

Back