Max TDP 65 W
VID Voltage Range 0.8500V-1.5V
Package Specifications
TCASE 72°C
Package Size 37.5mm x 37.5mm
Processing Die Size 143 mm2
# of Processing Die Transistors 291 million
Sockets Supported PLGA775

Motherboard should be able to support 800mz RAM.

budget would be as as low as possible, lets say between 2-3K. no plans to upgrade or overclock. just buying because my mobo died. just ned to ensure that i get maximum juice out of my existing setup of 1333 fsb cpu/ 800 mz ram.

also i most probably would not use additional video card so good onboard video would be a plus. looking at options other than intel as i had horrible experience with intel RMA.

Are you planning to use DDR2 or DDR3 RAM with the board?

If you are planning to use DDR2 sticks, get the Gigabyte G31-ES2L. If you are opting for the latter, get the GA-G41MT-ES2L. Costs ~2.3k and 2.6k respectively. :)

Btw, what went wrong with the Intel RMA may I ask?

GA-G41M-ES2L - Support for DDR2 1066(OC)/800/667 MHz memory modules ... isnt this board for DDR2 ? Anyway i would be using 2x1GB 800mz sticks. No plans to add beyond 4 gb ever.

I am zeroing in on this two boards as well , by looking at this forums. How is onboard video on these boards? Comparable to intel onbard graphics?

I had sent my motherboard to intel for RMA. Now i had got it rechecked that it is faulty mobo. They sent the same board mentioning "No defect found". And when i insisted that it is motherboard, they said they cannot create RMA request when they had already checked it. Besides i am fed up with the amount of details they ask for.

p_sam21 said:
GA-G41M-ES2L - Support for DDR2 1066(OC)/800/667 MHz memory modules ... isnt this board for DDR2 ? Anyway i would be using 2x1GB 800mz sticks. No plans to add beyond 4 gb ever.

I am zeroing in on this two boards as well , by looking at this forums. How is onboard video on these boards? Comparable to intel onbard graphics?
Yes that board is for DDR2 modules. :)

And it has the Intel GMA3100 IGP onboard.

As for your previous Intel Original board, could it be that some other component was faulty? say the RAM or the power supply? Have you checked that?

I had removed everything except proc/heatsink fan. not working. got the same proc placed in other mobo and it worked. so cant be anything else.

Back